Chapter 1

31st December 2015
23:59

10
...
9
...
8
...
7
...
"Lily?"
6
...
"Lily over here!"
5
...
My eyes search through the club until I land on a pair I was looking for.
4
...
"Quickly!" He shouts over the cheers and the noise of the anticipation of the crowd.
3
...
"I'm here, I'm here!"
2
...
1!
"Happy New Year!!"
His arms latch around my frame as the crowd cheer at the thought of a new year. Everybody is filled with excitement, going around and kissing random strangers. Ew. "Jacob, get off of me," I giggle pushing my best friend off my body. "Yeah whatever Lil' I'm just trying to get with the cheer," He laughs ruffling my hair, I don't miss the slight shade of disappointment in his eyes though.

A hand grabs my elbow and I'm spun around to be kissed by some random guy with minty breath and way too much cologne. "Happy New Year!" He breathes in my face before stumbling off into the crowd.

I turn back to Jacob whilst wiping the spit off my face. Great, he probably just ruined my lipstick. Jacobs arm is instantly slung around my shoulders, just like the old days. We watch as people continue to get drunk and laugh with their friends as the new year just begins. "So," I crane my neck up to Jacob. "What's you new years resolution?" I look at him, smiling slightly.

"To get a six pack," He shrugs simply. I snort in laughter. "Dude, you've had that same resolution for 3 years, this year still ain't your year," He chuckles slightly. "Sorry, MissIwanttoreinventmyselfbuteveryyearIcanneverbebothered," He nudges me slightly, as his chest rumbles with laughter. I shake my head, chuckling with him. "Well atleast I dyed my hair last year, that's one step closer," I add. "The dye wasn't even semi- permanent," Jacob retorts. "Still closer than to what you got," I fold my arms and cock my head at him. "I bought a gym membership!" He waves his hands about defensively. "Which you never used," I shake my hands back, mocking him. He glares at me before shaking his head.

"Well, let's set totally new ones then," Jacob raises an eyebrow at me.

"Shoot," I nod at him.

His face scrunches up in thought. The cold January air nipping at my skin as I look around us. The whole club is flooded with people, some wearing silly hats, others with warm beanies to protect their ears from the cold.

"We're still virgins," He processes slowly. Turning to look at me. "So?" I ask in return. "We're 18 years old, We're in our first year of University, and we are still virgins. Don't you think that's a little embarrassing?" He juts his chin out in question. "If you say so," I shrug. When I lose it. I lose it, right? "Fine, 'MissIdon'tcareaboutbeingavirgin' Lets make a deal," This snaps up my attention straight away. "Go on," I nod in encouragement. "If we haven't lost our virginities by the end of the year, we lose them together," I try to read his face. A chill running down my back, whether its from the cold January air, or from the fear of having to have sex with my child hood best friend.

"So on 31st of December this year, we'll either have lost our virginity's... Or we will be about to?" I shake my head laughing. "On exactly midnight," He nods seriously.

I giggle lightly, most likely from being slightly tipsy. "Fine, deal," I stick my hand out in front of him. He takes it lightly, yet gives me a firm shake.

My eyes search the crowd quickly. "What are you doing?" Jacob questions. "Looking for my potential virginator," I wink, before jogging off into the crowd.

To be honest, I wanted to get home before I made anymore stupid deals.