Chapter 3

Recap.
"One last question Maahi, which year are we in? ".
"2011".
---------------
The sudden tranquillity in the room frightens me more. I swear I can hear my own heartbeat due to the building anxiety. My frustration is growing as the seconds tick by. I can see the wheels turning in the doctor's head, and I cannot take this anymore. I am confused, restless and scared shitless. I feel like a fish out of water.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I can hear my own voice quivering as my pulse rate increases. The doctor finally turns to the brown eyed guy. At this point, the tears in his eyes have started rolling down his face.

"What the hell is happening doctor?" I hear him ask, his voice barely above a whisper.

"We have to run a few tests sir. These kind of situations are pretty common in such cases. I am sure we will get a clearer picture of what's wrong once we have taken the tests and seen the reports. Everything will be fine."says the doctor calmly.

But the brown eyed guy is anything but calm, I can see the agony and anger etching all across his face.

"What do you mean everything will be fine? She doesn't remember me! She doesn't remember anything that happened in the past 5 years and you expect me to stay calm? This is insane." he shouts as he runs his hands through his hair.

Wait what? What is he talking about? What on earth does he mean past 5 years?

"We need you to calm down sir. This will not work with out your cooperation. You need to stay strong, not just for yourself but for Maahi as well." I see the annoyance subside at once as soon as the doctor mentions my name.

He turns to look at me, worry and pain evident on his beautiful face. He strides across the hall and sits on the side of my bed. He slowly raises his hand to touch my cheek, but I start to move away.

As he realises that, he retreats his hand, the ache of rejection clear on his face. I don't know why but my heart aches to see him in pain. But I cannot be affected by his look or his tears. All I need is my answers at the moment.

"You need to tell me what is going on." I say slowly. "Who are you? How do you know me? How on earth did I end up in a hospital? " I ask him as I feel tears forming in my eyes.I try hard to keep my tears at bay. I see the pain grow on his face as I talk, I can see he is trying hard to keep his emotions in check too.

"Baby, calm down. I will explain everything to you. I am here and I am not leaving you alone. Everything is going to be fine, I promise." he explains me softly. "I will answer all your questions one the doctor has taken the required tests." he says as he reaches out for my hand and this time I let him take it.

I don't know how but his touch and words soothe me. Like I have already let him do this a million times before.

"We will need to take her to the 3rd floor to take all the tests. The nurse will take care of it. She will be back here in no time." the doctor explains.

"I will go along with them." he says as he stands up, still holding my hand. "No sir, that won't be necessary. You are required to stay here. Do not worry she is in safe hands."says the doctor and leaves.

I can see the uncertainty in his eyes but he eventually agrees. With that they move me onto to a wheel chair and take me outside the room. I glance back at the brown eyed mystery man standing in the middle of the room, he gives me a small smile and a nod telling me it's going to be fine and he will be here when I return. And just like that I feel myself at ease, like everything is going to be fine.

Hi guys!
So that was chapter 3. I hope you guys like it. Please let me know how it was through the comments. Love you all!
-MC