Chapter 15

A Week Later

I slowly open my eyes adjusting to the sunlight seeping through the windows.
As I wake up, today feels fresh, different... nice.

I turn towards my nightstand to look at the time.

6.00 am

It's still too early. But I don't feel like sleeping anymore. I lay in the bed thinking about the turn of events.
This past one week has not just been blissful but I also realised I don't feel like a stranger in this house anymore.
I have rather been happy?

We both decided we would start as friends. I would say it is working pretty well.
The more I spend time with him the more I know him.
And the more I know him the more I feel drawn towards him.
No one has ever been that way with me before.
We are in a place where we are more than friends and less than Lovers.

The past one week has been a roller coaster ride of emotions.
I feel so many things at once.

Happiness, sadness, anger, guilty, self loathe.
He's beared all of it without a glimpse of irritation.

I still remember the words he told me when I asked him how he bears me and my mood swings and if I was always this high maintainence.

"When you love someone, you love everything about them. Their every single mood, every single habit and their every single tantrum will amuse you, not irritate." He says with a wink.

"I have always found your anger and your tantrums cute. That's the reason I used to irritate you more and always start a fight with you just to see your face turn red with anger." He says his distinct and a small smile playing on his lips as he rehashes the memories.

In these past few days that I have spent my time here with him, they have made me feel like I always belonged here.

I have remembered so many things in this one week. All small moments between us. The playful fights, our romantic times.

Each time I remember something it brings me closer to him.
I see why I fell for him in the first place, if it was now it would happen again.
And may be I am falling again.
The thought makes me flush and I feel my stomach flutter with excitement.

He's done a lot for me from the time I have woken up. Never leaves my side, he's been there all the time I ever needed him.
He's been my constant. My Rock.

I want to do something for him as well. I think as I lie in bed.
I turn to look at the clock.

6:17 am

Hmm.. I still have time before he wakes up.
May be I can make him breakfast?

It's always him that makes breakfast every morning.
May be I can make breakfast for him today?
Though I have helped him at times in making dinner...
I have never cooked before by myself. But common how hard can frying eggs and toasting bread can be?

The thought excites me and I rush to freshen up fast.

He wakes up by 7.30. So that must give me enough time to get everything prepared.

I check the time once I reach the kitchen 6.35 am.

Cool enough.

Okay let's get started.

By now I know where all things are placed. He told me once that I was the one who arranged the kitchen.
Even though I use to not cook much I liked all things organised.

Sounds pretty much like me.

I have always liked things organised and I like to keep it that way.