Beastly Love

Beastly Love.

Chapter 1.                                            

 “There is always something to look out for,” A hushed voice whispered in the dark, “Always something to be afraid of child. But this, this is something far, far worse than fear or worry. This is….”

And then the voice stopped.

It left there was no sound there was nothing but the black of a dream. A dream that hadn’t even come, it had just been a voice. The voice had never come before never talked that way. It was a warning this time, obviously of something bad, something out of anyone’s control.

But maybe wasn’t? Maybe this time it could be stopped!

It wasn’t a maybe though it was a hopefully. Things were getting bad very, very bad and there was nothing anyone could do.

******************************

Cade woke dripping in sweat and the scent of fear coming of strongly from his own body. He flinched at the thought of the fear being his.

He was Cade. He was Alpha of his pack. He had territory that he controlled and all other Therions in that area. He was strong, the strongest of any of his men. He didn’t have fear he gave others fear. Cade snorted as he finished listing off all the great things about him. Well, the things that gave him reason to not have fear. No alpha Therion had fear. That was just totally unheard of! You had to be strong to be an alpha of the Therion. Mostly because there were so many of them and there was more than just one race. Each alpha was stationed in one place; he was in what the humans called Texas. Whatever that meant to them.

Cade placed his feet on the floor and slowly walked to the bathroom in the apartment he owned.

Humans name stuff very weirdly…

If it were up to Cade he would just say he lived in a box with a thing you take a piss or a shit in, something that pours from a above to clean you, and a place that has loud things to help you ‘cook’ your meat.

Cade had tried ‘cooking’ once. The result had been a steak that was cooked so there was no redness in it and a burned hand and thigh. Lucas, his second in command and best friend, had been very confused on how he had hurt his thigh while cooking and, well, so had Cade.

Most Therions were able to fit into the human world just fine. They could cook, clean, and socialize with humans just fine. But for Cade it was harder. He didn’t trust humans as soon as one of them knew it would be all over the ‘news’ which to Cade was lies that sell.

Cade splashed cold water on his face and then looked at himself in the mirror. There were dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep. His face didn’t look the same probably because he wasn’t eating as much as he should be. It wasn’t that he wasn’t hungry he was. But when he sat down to eat the food he felt like he was going to throw up everywhere even an hour he threw the food out.

There was a soft clicking sound from near the front door that humans most likely wouldn’t be able to hear. Cade growled back deep in his throat and slowly stalked to the front of his apartment. There was a narrow hallway that leads from the living room to his front door and he hide behind that wall so if someone came in they wouldn’t be able to see him.

“Whoa! Big guy, it’s just me! You’re like BFF forever!” The voice on the other side of the door mimicked what apparently was a young teenage girl of this time according to the movies and TV shows.

Cade sighed and walked to the door, opened it, and then turned and walked back to his living room without saying one word. Lucas walked in behind him sitting heavily on the coach putting his feet up on the coffee table in front of him.

“Nice to see you too, Alpha,” He said with a wink.

“What do you want?” Cade’s voice was icy and right to the point.

His voice scared most Therions expect for some reason his second. His second more or less didn’t really care how much trouble he caused or didn’t. He just lived every moment for what it was worth. And that was one thing Cade wished he could do more than anything. But he had people depending on him and he wasn’t going to risk it.

“Can’t I just come have a talk with my best friend because he has no social life or any friends at all?”

“No.”

Lucas rolled his eyes but said nothing in response as he picked up the sports magazine he had brought Cade last time he was here.

“So I ask you again, Lucas, what do you want?”

“Fine, always have to get right to the point with you? Forget about that every damn time…” He paused as he read a sentence and glanced at a picture before looking back up at Cade. “I need your help.”

Cade felt his eyes grow wider. Lucas never asked for help. Well he did but it wasn’t often.

It can’t be too bad. He looks pretty relaxed. But then again I can smell that he is nervous. Maybe he thinks I won’t help him with what’s wrong. He knows I’ll do anything for my people! Why is he nervous then?!?

“Well spit it out then, Lucas? Who’s hurt? What happened? What do I need to do?”

“So you agree to help me?” Lucas asked tilting his head to the side. Lucas was a few years younger than Cade and by that he meant five. Cade was in his thirties and knew that whenever a young male tilted his head it either meant confusion, which he still tilted his head in confusion, or he was up to something that Cade should stay far, far away from.

“Maybe.”

“I need a yes or no, Alpha. This is serious.”

Cade looked Lucas over, he still smelled nervous but his posture was set in a very serious manner.

“Fine, yes I’ll help you! Now what is it?” Cade said his voice holding his annoyance in it.

“You promise you’ll help me out?” Lucas licked his lips a glimmer of hope lightening up his eyes.

“I give you my word as an Alpha that I will help you my second in command. And if I go back on it you may have position as Alpha. Now tell me what happened!” Cade said showing his teeth as he snarled at the younger male.

“Okay,” A sly smile played on Lucas’s lips. He slowly stood up and walked towards the front door. He reached for the handle and opened it glancing over his shoulder at Cade. “We have a double date tonight. I’ll pick you up at seven the females will be with me. There human so play nice.”

And with that Lucas was gone.

Cade roared in frustration. He hated Lucas! He ran into the hall to go rip him to pieces but the Therion cat mix was long gone. There was no hope in a canine mix catching up with him. Curses that there were different Therion breads!

A date.

A double date.

He was going to have to pretend like he was interested in a female.

A human female.

Cade didn’t want to go. But he had made a promise to Lucas. And he couldn’t back down on a promise. An alpha never did. Lucas would pay for this somehow and Cade would think of a good punishment but for right now Cade was going to go try and remember how to socialize with other things. 

 ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ah! First story ever! Yay! I know most of the stuff makes no sense right now but it will! But if you didn't figure out Cade is the Alpha of a shifter group, not werewolves shifters! (I just came up with a cooler name than shifter!) 

Okay, since that is cleared up, kinda, comment (don't be rude!) and if you like it Vote! More fun to come! 

Love, 

Phoenix

Ps. Want to know what Cade looks like? Well he looks like Jensen Ackles! Once I figure out how to get the pics to stay in I will give y'all a wonderful pic of Cade!