Chapter 2

Shayla looked at herself once more in the full length mirror in her bedroom. She wore a tight black dress it went down to her mid high, the top of the simple dress made her boobs look bigger than they already were. Her blonde hair was perfectly curled and her greenish blue eyes shone. Shayla looked beautiful. And for once she finally felt like she did too. For some reason she hoped that her date did as well.

She had no idea why she had agreed to go on this stupid double date with her best friend, Masey. Maybe it had been the way her friend had literally got down on her hands and knees and begged and begged for Shayla to come with her. Yup, that was it. Masey had got down in the middle of the mall and on her knees and pleaded. People had started to turn and look there way. Shayla couldn’t stand being the center of attention so she agreed quickly.

Masey had apparently met this guy in the club that Shayla had taken her to a few nights ago. They had met right after Shayla had left, with an okay guy to get laid with. Masey said he had the prettiest eyes that they looked like cat eyes and that they were a deep mocha color. Not brown. Mocha.

Shayla smiled at the way her friend had been so happy. Masey hardly ever went out with men. She was always afraid something bad was going to happen to her. If either of them should be afraid of that it should be Shayla. But no Shayla always just shrugged and kept on going with her life. She wasn’t going to let one bad thing mess up her life forever.

“Shayla come on!! Lucas will be here any minute!” Masey’s squealed from her bedroom.

Shayla and Masey had been sharing an apartment for two years now. Neither of them wanted to live alone even if they had both grown up in Austin. Dallas was a way different city and they didn’t want to be alone in it. The arrangement had started out as only a few months but the two of them had become close friends and decided to just keep it the way it was so neither of them would have to go through the packing and the looking for a new place to live all over again.

“I’m coming. I’m coming hold your horse’s, darling.” Shayla said with her accent in full swing like always.

“Shay, should I change? I think it looks to skimpy.” Masey said coming out of her bedroom in the new dress they had bought her the day before for this date.

The dress was a dark red. It went down to just past her mid-thigh barely. The cut of the dress didn’t show off as much cleavage as Shayla’s was showing but it was showing off more than she usually did. Her friend had around a B cup but they were nothing compared to Shayla’s large D cups. The dress wasn’t as tight as Shayla’s either it was loser around her thighs so she could take longer strides than Shayla could. But in the dress with her hair straightened and her make-up flawlessly Masey looked absolutely stunning in what she had on. There was no doubt in Shayla’s mind that Lucas was going to argue with her either.

“Masey what are you talking about you look amazing, babe,” Shayla said smiling and giving her friend a hug. There was a knock at the door and Masey squealed with excitement. “Go get those high heels on I bought you for your birthday a year ago and let’s go get our date on!” She said with a wink.

“Okay! And you have a date to city girl!” Masey teased her knowing fully well that Shayla was nowhere close to a city girl.   

Okay, yeah Shayla had grown up in Austin but she was always with some kind of animal when she was not at school or playing some kind of sport for good looks on her college application. Her family had owned at least twelve acres of land on the way out of Austin heading towards Bastrop. She had had steers, horses, dogs, chickens, lambs, pigs, and even a dairy cow at one point in time. And Shayla being the youngest had always had to clean out the barn or pens when they were dirty. Yup, total city girl.

Shayla walked to the door shaking her head she opened the door before checking or asking who it was.

“You aren’t Masey.” A voice said as soon as she opened the door.

The man in front of her was tall, standing way over six feet. He was wearing a brown cowboy hat with blonde tufts of hair sticking out on each side close to his ears. His eyes were cat like and defiantly a mocha color. He was built like a runner, a long distance or sprinter or, maybe even both. He had on a red plaid shirt that buttoned up in the front, dark jeans that hide long legs, and cowboy boots that looked like they could house that little old lady that lived in a shoe.

“Shayla stop standing there checking him out he is mine!” Masey said from close behind her. Shayla turned in time to see her friend blush like crazy “I-I mean f-for tonight…”

“I would be honored to be yours for the night. As long as that meant you were mine.” The man said in a seductive tone. He took Masey’s hand and kissed the top of it making sure he looked her in the eyes the whole time. After he kissed her hand he moved up and kissed her cheek. It was sweet and Shayla became jealous wishing she had someone who would do that for her instead of her having to watch. She was happy for her best friend she just wished it could be her.

“Okay, Lucas.” Masey said in a very low whisper that Shayla could barely hear. It seemed though that Lucas had heard every word and he smiled.

“You must be her friend. I am Lucas and I have limo waiting down stairs for us. We have to go pick up my best friend.” Lucas explained as he walked them down towards the front lobby where the limo was waiting. “My friend…He is… well you see… just when you meet him if he is in a grouchy rude mode just shake it off cause mostly likely it is him on his good behavior. He really is a great guy he just has bad…social skills.”

They drove for a few minutes with only Lucas and Masey talking amongst each other. Shayla sat there wondering about Lucas’s friend that was going to be her ‘date’. They pulled up to an apartment complex in on the nice side of Dallas. Lucas got out of the car and looked at both of them before he curled his finger motioning for Shayla to get out of the car and come with him.

She gulped even loud enough to hear it herself. She grabbed Masey’s hand and pulled her with her. Lucas sighed rolling his eyes and taking Masey’s other hand and tugging her close to him. He started walking towards the door leaving Shayla to follow both of them.

“He needs to know who his date is. And I certainly ain’t his date!” Lucas said opening the door and walking into the apartment complex.

Shayla straightened her shoulders, raised her chin, set her face to look happy, and followed Masey and Lucas into the building.