Chapter 6

"You need to come with us!" Grayson exclaimed. Him, Ethan, and the rest of their friends were going on a road trip tomorrow to a cabin, and he was begging me and Julia to go. We are currently on the phone, while he was trying to persuade me to go. "It'll be a lot more fun if you guys came."

"I'm not sure," I said. "It just seems a little last minute to ask me." I do wanna go, but then again I don't. It just feels a bit weird, and plus he's asking me last minute. It's also been a couple days, and Grayson and I have gotten a little bit closer. We've been kinda hanging out just going out for lunch or something, but not that much since he has work and I have work for school.

I've also been getting this feeling that I may start liking him again, but I'm trying to tell myself I can't feel like that. I can't go through all the tough stuff we went through before, and it just feels a bit too fast. I just call Grayson as one of my good close friends. "I also have a bunch of work to do for college," I added, sighing a little.

"Adriana," he groaned through the phone, which gave me the chills. "I'm sorry I'm asking you guys last minute, but we really want you guys to come."

"I don't know," I told him. I was speechless, and I didn't even know what to tell him. "Please Adriana," he said.

"Pretty please?" he asked, and I giggled a little since he sounded like a little kid. "I'll keep asking you until you say yes."

"Ugh," I sighed. "I...guess." I know he'll keep on bugging me for the answer, and plus I should have a little fun.

"Is that a yes?" I heard him ask, and I could tell he sounded excited.

"Yes, it's a yes," I lightly giggled.

"Yay!" I heard him squeal, and I started laughing since he sounded so excited about my answer. "Thank you Adriana."

I laughed. "It's no problem."

"Okay, just have your stuff packed. We'll pick you guys up around noon." I agreed with him, and we soon ended the phone call. I actually do feel a bit excited for this little mini vacation. It seems like it'll be a nice vacation from my work, but I should probably just do some of it over there.

After laying on my bed, thinking about the road trip, I decided on letting Julia know about the news. I got off my bed, and I entered the kitchen. I saw her sitting on the island chair, talking on the phone. "Bye Nate! I'll talk to you later," she said into her phone. I sat right next to her, and gave her a smirk. "That was Nate I see, right?" I smirked.

"Yeah, were you eavesdropping on my conversation with him?" she asked startled.

"No," I laughed. "I just got here. But I need to ask you something Grayson wants me and you to go to."

"Hm, Grayson?" she winked, and I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, him and his friends want me and you to go on a road trip tomorrow to a cabin for a few days."

"No way, Nate was just asking me that too!" she said, sounding way too excited. "We're going. No matter what you have to say."

"I know, cause Grayson was begging me to go. So now look where it stands," I laughed, and so did she.

"Well good. It gives you some more time with Grayson," she smirked.

I got off my seat, walking away from this conversation. "We're just friends. That's all I know."

"Well by the looks of you guys hanging out for quite some time, it looks like you guys might become more than friends." I could tell she was giving me that creepy smirk.