01: Golden Wolf

I walked into the school, my head hung low, with my hands in my pockets. I just wanted to run away, but I didn't want to leave without knowing if my mate would accept me. I thought maybe, maybe my mate would accept me, but I knew deep down that he wouldn't. Yes, he. The Alpha's son, Harry. His birthday was today, so I decided to see if he would- by chance -accept me. I've known that Harry was my mate for a little over a month, ever since my birthday passed, but I didn't say anything in fear he wouldn't believe me. I kept my silence, waiting for him to figure it out on his own. I sighed as I continued walking, wishing for the day to be over already, deciding what to do if Harry decided he didn't want me. Probably pretend that without my wolf I couldn't feel the pull of the mate bond and therefore, didn't feel the pull of Harry.

That's not nice, Louis. You know he will love us for us, no matter what.

Sorry if I don't believe that, Zayn. I haven't shifted yet, so.

In due time, little one.

I shut him out, Zayn was my wolf's name, and while I could talk to my wolf, for some reason I couldn't Phase into him yet. It frustrated me to the point of exhaustion. Why couldn't I just be normal?

You're not meant to be normal, Lou. You're special.

I scoffed at Zayn, yeah, right. I continued the walk to my locker, avoiding people with practiced precision. I avoided the people I knew would hurt me if I accidentally ran into them, not wanting to be hurt anymore then I had to.

I looked up as I opened my locker, grabbing only the bare necessities, as I knew they would be knocked out of my hands the moment I turned around. I considered the fact that I didn't really need anything, that I was just going to study hall, and whoever wanted me to do their homework would give me their stuff there. I turned around with only a pencil. I knew any moment Jakob would be coming at me. "Where's your stuff, omega?" He sneered at me, speak of the devil... I only shrugged in response, gesturing to my locker.

"I don't really need it, seeing as I won't be using it next hour anyway," My sass shown through my words as I frowned at Jakob. My hate for him was probably greater than my uncontrollable love for Harry, if I were to be honest. He wasn't only rude, but something about his face angered me. It was like looking at a rat, and it was very disgusting to look at, so I looked away.

Jakob glared at me, "At least you finally learned your place, omega." The words shouldn't have hurt me as much as they did, but I ignored it. "Oi, I'm talking to you, bitch!" Any moment now, Harry will be joining in the daily abuse.

• ♡ •

"Well, look at that. The little omega cowering away from us," Harry sneered, his moss green eyes glaring into Louis' soul.

Harry took a deep breath in through his nose, the beautiful scent of his mate- mint and vanilla -filled his whole being, entranced by it, he paused for a few moments. He snapped out of it, and groaned internally. No, no, no..

• ♡ •

In those few moments, I let myself hope that maybe he'd accept me, that maybe he'd fend off any of the other bullies.

My world came crashing down, falling apart right under my feet when I heard the next words fall from his lips.

"I, Harry Styles, future Alpha of the Blue Ridge Pack, reject you, Louis Tomlinson, omega of the Blue Ridge Pack, as my mate, and future Luna of the Pack," was heard throughout the hallway, breaking every fibre of my being.

I took a deep breath, and readied myself for what I had to do.

No, no, no, he... he's kidding.. has to be..