04: Meanwhile

•♡•

Harry was doing homework when he found out. His future beta, Greg, rushed in, looking worried and scared of what he was about to tell his soon to be Alpha. "U-Um, sir. I think you should come to the meeting room. Like now," He said to avoid the job of telling Harry himself. He rushed out, with Harry right behind him as they made their way to the meeting room.

"What does the problem have to deal with, beta?" Harry asked out of breath as they stopped in front of the brown door that lead to where Harry would find out the worse news he'd ever hear.

"Y-Your mate, sir," Greg said uncertainly, before pushing Harry into the room, coming face-to-face with Des.

Des turned to his son with sorrow filled eyes, "We figured out who left the pack," He told him. They were never certain if it was Louis who left- he often disappeared for days on end, but right in that moment, Harry knew. He knew it was his Mate who left. "Louis Tomlinson," Des told his son, who staggered back. Was that why it hurt him so much more than it hurt the other wolves? Is that why he felt empty? Is that what was missing? Harry pushed the thoughts to the side, refusing to acknowledge that he was hurting.

"Should we hold a departing ceremony like we would usually do?" Harry asked with an almost emotionless look to him. "He was only an Omega, so we don't really have to.." He got cut off by an angry sounding voice from behind him.

"Harry Edward Styles!" Anne shouted with anger, she was the current Luna and Des was the current Alpha. Harry winced and turned around to face his angry mother. "What kind of pack do you think we are? Of course we're going to have the Departing Ceremony for him! It doesn't matter if he was an Omega, or if he was your mate! We will be having the Ceremony tonight, be ready by eight," she snapped at the future Alpha of her pack. She couldn't believe Harry would even say that. "Who taught you to be so disrespectful? It sure as hell wasn't me, or your Father!"

Harry looked down, ashamed of himself. She was right, what was he thinking? He shouldn't have rejected Louis. Did his mum know? Is that why she mentioned it? What would she say if she knew? "I'm sorry," he mumbled, barely audible.

"Louder," Anne demanded, looking at her son angrily. "Speak up, I taught you not to mumble."

"I said 'I'm sorry, ma'am.'" Harry said louder, and clearer. His cheeks burned red in embarrassment.

"Good. Now, I have to go inform Louis' family that he's gone," Anne said curtly before turning and leaving. Des stared after her proudly, before looking at his son.

"She's right, you know. Who taught you to be so rude?" Des asked, a hint of frustration lining his tone. "You were such a nice kid, friends with everyone. Even that Louis kid, but everything changed when he didn't Phase," Des scoffed and shook his head in disappointment. "I thought better of you, Harry. Go see Lady Grace, she has requested to speak to you before the Ceremony."

Harry lowered his head in shame and nodded, mumbling out a soft, "Yes, sir," before he made his way outside and down an old beaten path that wound into the woods. He'd Phase, but ever since Louis left, or ever since they suspected Louis was the one who left, Liam refused to allow Harry to shift. Not that Harry blamed him. Besides, he needed time to think before he got to Lady Grace's house.

Harry thought about what his mum said, and what his dad said. He understood where they were coming from, he used to be fruends with anyone, despite their gender, age, size, anything. That changed the year he phased, and as much as he wanted to blame his wolf, he couldn't. Liam was the nicest wolf he's ever heard of, so he knew that it was him that changed. He didn't have to, but he felt like he did.

He didn't.. regret rejecting Louis, per say. He was just disappointed in himself for not giving him a chance. Everyone deserved one, and Louis never really got that. Everyone just pushed him to the side and bullied him. He only had himself to blame for that, though. He started it, he was the one who originally started the bullying on the poor boy. The more he thought about it, the worse he felt.