2

It had been two months since the wild party at Bill's place. And two months since Ford had been completely alone. Even when they were apart, Bill would connect to Ford through his dreams and they would have conversations about the future and the research on Gravity Falls.

Most people would have thought the idea of a mind god having constant access to a person's cognizance would have been suffocating.

But Ford thought it was a change for the better. He had gone a long time without a friend...a confidant. Not since he and his brother had their falling out all those years ago...

But now he had someone who not only wanted to spend time with him but also shared his interests and aspirations. Despite the events that occurred at the party, including their...physical activity, there was no dramatic change in their relationship. They did the same things, had the same discussions, and shared the same laughs while still keeping that level of somewhat professionalism.

But those subtle and affectionate differences made everything so much more amazing.

For instance, when Ford would reach the frustration point in his research and he was about to throw his paperwork across the room, a hot mug of tea would be placed in front of him and fingers would card gently through his hair. Sometimes, but not always, those hands would tilt his head back slightly for a quick kiss.

Ford was almost worried with how easy he became accustomed to those small moments when they occurred.

In all, their dynamic hadn't changed too much. They hadn't even gotten as physical as they did since the party. Ford was surprised by himself but he was grateful that his physical desires stayed at the backburner despite what he considered his first time.

He had no regrets about that night but it didn't make it any less awkward with his inexperience. Needless to say, while he wasn't opposed to continuing or starting new trysts, it was not at the forefront of his priorities.

Ford also didn't mind that Bill basically admitted he was a god trapped in a human shell. If anything, that made their relationship all the more unique and cool to Ford.

Though at the present, Ford was a bit uneasy as he stepped up to the entrance of Bill's mansion. Bill had sounded unusually urgent when he requested Ford be there as soon as possible. He had visited countless times since the party but each visit still left him in awe of the large mansion.

After three loud knocks, the door opened with a slow creak and Ford peered inside to see Bill standing in the middle of the foyer. He was speaking to a tall, black-haired man who was slightly hunched over at the waist. Bill was dressed in his typical dark trousers and white shirt. Ford noted he was wearing the one with the gold buttons today.

He looked handsome...as always.

"Hey! You're the guy from the party," a nasally voice spoke to Ford's right, breaking his focus from his muse. It was the man who had opened the door for him. Said man was bald and he sported an extremely toothy (and unsettling) grin, "That was a wild night, right?! Heard Cipher even let you into his room...he doesn't extend that invitation to anyone, you know."

Ford didn't remember meeting this man. He ventured it was in the realm of possibilities but for the most part, the only thing he remembered about the guests who attended Bill's party was that in glow lights, they looked like the stuff of nightmares.

Which wasn't saying much because even in daylight they were pretty creepy.

"Oh..." Ford chuckled and clutched at his messenger bag strap nervously, "Yeah...sure was a...wild night...um, I'm sorry but, you are?"