5

Bill hummed and tapped his finger to his chin, "I think it should be higher..."

Ford sighed, "Bill...there's no more wall space..." Ford stared at the many tapestries with Bill's true form embroidered on them, "I mean...we can spread out...but I'd have to add an additional room to the shack."

"Fine," Bill shrugged, "It's decent enough. Though I think my favorite is the red-paned window overlooking the front lawn."

"You know the sun sets in that direction," Ford grinned, "So it'll cast an interesting light in the attic."

"If only your study had windows," Bill leaned against the doorframe, watching Ford hang the last tapestry, "With all these murals I should have no problem getting through to you. I won't be using too much energy anyway."

"Well that's good," Ford brushed his hands off as he came down the ladder, "So I can be anywhere in the shack?"

Bill nodded, "And not to be a creep, but if I put forth a little bit of energy I can see through these like a security camera."

Ford's gaze shifted uneasily, "That's...wow."

Bill smirked, "Yep."

Ford shrugged, "I'm going to try not to think about that too much."

Bill cackled, "Oh, this is gonna be fun!"

Ford shook his head with a small grin as he turned the light off and led them both out of his study, "I have a feeling I'm going to regret this."

"Ah, don't listen to that," Bill poked Ford's chest as they entered the small elevator, "We still need to get you that tattoo."

Ford looked around anxiously, "I don't know about that just yet," he opened the gate as the doors swung open, "The idea of needles poking my skin..." he shuddered.

Bill followed Ford into the living room, "Well, you know where to find me if you change your mind," he chuckled as he gestured around the room, "I'm in here, in the attic, and draped all over your study!"

Ford laughed, "I'll keep that in mind." He grabbed his journal and sorted through the pages, "Hey, do you think it's been long enough to where I can explore the craft again?"

Bill poked at a small jar, "I don't see why not," he blew some dust off the top of the lid, "It's been over six months. You should be fine."

"Well, now that I know what to expect," Ford grabbed the neutralizer from off his worktable with a proud grin, "I can be better prepared."

Bill smirked, "Do you remember what you have to look for?"

"Sure do," he showed Bill the drawing of the symbols, "I think I'll head out sometime tomorrow since it's getting a little late..."

Bill looked out the window, "Hm, you're right," he stretched, "Well, I think I'll head on back. There's not much else we have to go over and you'll have your hands full with the craft."

Ford assembled his journals into the shape of the portal design, "Hey, Bill? I have something to ask..."

"What is it?"

Ford rubbed the back of his neck, "Well...assembling this portal is going to take a lot of work. I know that you won't be able to do much since the craft is warded. I just...don't think it'll be safe to build this thing alone."

Bill turned and leaned against the front door, "Do you want me to send someone to help you?"

"Oh, no, no," Ford laughed nervously, "I have an old college buddy of mine who excelled at building technological projects. He would have graduated top of the class had I not taken the spot. I was wondering if you wanted to meet him?"