Chapter 4

I tapped my pencil anxiously on my desk as the teacher went on and on and on, on something I was obviously, and nobody was obviously interested in. I'd usually doze off in that class and end up being sent back down to earth by the sound of the bell ringing excusing us from class.

Scott tapped me on the shoulder with his pencil, "Hey. What's the answer for number 3?" He whispered. I looked back at him in confusion and tilted my head slightly. "What?" I whispered back.

"On the packet. What's the answer?" He replied.

"We're doing a packet?" I said.

He smiled slightly, "Let me guess, You weren't paying attention?"

I shook my head, "Not really into it, sorry." I smiled.

"Ms. Rodd." The teacher said sternly, giving me a death stare. She put a finger up to her lips and shushed me.

I smirked and leaned back in my chair.

"Bad ass." Scott joked.

"I wish." I replied.

Diiiiiiiiiiing!!

I shot up from my seat along with my classmates, and gathered my things shoving papers inside.

"You really should start paying attention in class, though Bethany." Scott said as he threw on his backpack on one shoulder. "Oh...Haha. Not in a million years, bud." I joked, as we both walked out of the classroom into the hallway. "Well, I'm just saying you should." Scott said.

"Hey Scott!"

Scott and I both turned around, as we saw Stiles catching up to us.

"Oh great." I mumbled. I put my hand on one side of my face.

"Hey Stiles." Scott said. I could feel Stiles looking at me. "Hey Bethany...?" Stiles said making his voice sound off and uncertain.

I half smiled and turned my head slightly. "Hi." I said.

It got kinda awkward. Maybe because I was there. I always made things awkward.

"So, um are you joining us for Lunch?" Stiles said as he looked at me.

It took me a while to reply. Wow, someone actually wanted to me to have lunch with them and...talk? As much as I didn't want to talk to Stiles right now, I didn't want to be rude. And plus, maybe I could make friends outta this.

Scott looked at me, "Yes or no?"

I nodded, "Sure." I replied.

"Really? Cool. You have 4th period with me, so we can go together." Scott said giving me a friendly smile.

"Cool." I smiled back.

--

It was 4th period, and the bell had rung for lunch. Scott turned around and glanced at me, I stood up and made my way towards his desk.

"I'm starving." He laughed. I smiled, "So am I." He did his signature move and threw his backpack over one shoulder, "Okay then, let's go." He said.

He made his way to a table by the vending machines and I quickly but shyly followed. Scott was popular, I kinda realized that. And populars...Well, Populars have friends. Popular friends. And that intimated me.

"Hey Stiles, Lydia, Allison."Scott said. There was Stiles sitting there, and across from him, a red headed girl with quite a fashionable outfit on with. Her hair was slicked back in a headhand.

Darn, she looked good in it.

And next to her, was a girl also wearing one of those expensive outfits with her short brown hair flowing down in waves.

"Who is she?" The redhead blurted out.

Scott looked at me and sat down, "Oh! This my friend Bethany. Bethany this is Lydia."

"Hi." I smiled and put my hand up in a little wave.

"She's cute. I like her." Lydia smiled. I gave her a warm smile. Wow, that's the first compliment I've gotten since I got here.

"Oh well sit down then, Bethany." Stiles smirked.

Of course, the only seat was the seat next to Stiles. I made my lips go into a straight line and pulled the seat out and sat down. Lydia was looking into a mini mirror fixing her lipstick, Allison was next to Scott, they were talking. They didn't look like they were a couple, but I'd be jealous of them if they were.

"Well I'm getting Lunch, anybody want to come?" Stiles blurted, laying his palms on the table.

"I will." I replied.

Okay. What?

I stopped myself from getting up, Stiles looking at me, "I mean, Haha. I'm just hungry yaknow?" I smiled awkwardly.

"I know. Come on." Stiles smiled, getting up and tugged on my sleeve.

"Yay." I whispered. I got up, and threw my book bag over my neck, and followed Stiles.

But he was walking out if the cafateria, which confused me.

"Stiles I think you missed the cafateria, it wa-" He interupted as he stopped and turned around to face me, "Why don't you like me?" He said.

I scrunched my eyebrows, "W-what?" I replied. He sighed and adjusted his backpack on his shoulder, "Why don't you like me?" He sounded more serious this time. I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"I know, I know you won't let the car thing go, but I'm trying to be friends with you, why do you dislike me so much?" He said, putting a hand in his pocket.

I made my lips go flat before taking a deep breathe, "Stiles, It's not that I don't dislike you, it's just...Why do you want to be my friend so much?" I said softly. He took a while to reply, "I don't know.. You're just really cool. I'd like to hang out with you more." He said, rubbing his neck. I didn't reply for a bit, I kinda just acknowledged the fact that someone actually wanted to get to know me. I could see the anxiousness in his face waiting for my reply.

"Well, that's all you had to say then." I smiled.