Chapter 10

Kylo POV

Despite the feeling I have right now, with Rey wrapped in my arms, I haven't changed my mind. Nothing could make me want to risk her life. That nightmare I had? It completely changed my thoughts. I've barely come to terms with my father's death and I don't need to witness or potentially kill another person I love.

I know it's best for us. It has to be.

I know I'm a monster and it's no ones fault but my own. I chose this path. I killed millions, upon millions of people. I'd like to blame Snoke for all of this, for seducing my young and innocent mind to the dark side but I can't. I made a decision. Which is one I truly regret.

Maybe if I never would have made that decision I would be a part of the light with Rey. There would be no complications and we could be happy.

"This is a feeling I never want to be without." She whispers.

I can feel my heart drop instantly.

How could I be so cruel? Why am I doing this to her?

"Let's leave. Please. Let's just go somewhere." Rey whimpers.

I sigh and hug her.

"I'm not sure that's possible."

"Tell Snoke you're taking me for more intense training on different terrain." She looks up, her eyes hopeful.

I entertain the idea, looking into her eyes inquisitively.

"Snoke wouldn't trust me. He already knows I care for you."

"Please. Try for me. I need this. We need this. I just want to be with you and not be trapped."

Although everything in my mind is telling me to stop and refuse, I can't. I want to be with her so badly. So badly that I throw her safety to the side. A pang of guilt hits me like a brick wall. But still, I give in.

"I can try I suppose." She smiles lightly.

I run my hand through her hair gently.
-
Kylo POV (with Snoke)
"I have a request." I bite my lip under my mask, trying to suppress thoughts.

"Yes?" Snoke booms.

"I'd like to take Rey with me away from the base for more training." I gulp.

He looks at me, his face painted with suspicion.

"Is this because of your compassion?" His voice is loud and rough.

"Definitely not. I have worked every hard to kill those feeling and I have succeeded. I haven't felt the light since. Besides this is for Rey's training. There are certain things I can't teach her here." Lying to your master probably isn't the best thing but neither is killing your father.

I can feel him trying to look into my thoughts but I resist lightly praying he won't notice.

"If you're sure." He still looks as though he doesn't trust me. He shouldn't.

"I am. I will update you while we are gone." I feel like I'm bribing him.

"Okay. It would a shame if you were to try anything and ruin what you have made for yourself." His voice becomes wary.

I nod to him and turn away. As I begin walking out the door I become overwhelmed with a feeling. One I'm not very familiar with. Hope? Excitement? Relief? A mixture of all three?

I'm not sure but I love it.
______________________________

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, I LOVE YOUR STAR WARS LOVING SOUL AND I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING NIGHT/DAY! <3