Chapter 11

Rey's POV
I was ecstatic when Ben had told me the news about us being able to leave. I have wanted to alone with him so desperately. It's not the best feeling when you're trapped. Nothing I'm thinking makes sense but I'm too happy to care.  

"Are you ready?" Ben asks beside me. The door into our ship is in front of us.

"I'm more than ready." I smirk at him but because he's wearing his helmet I can't see his expression.

"Here. I had grabbed this from the snow after I had taken you here. I figured you would have wanted it." He looks around, obviously trying to be subtle. Once he sees it's clear, he hands me a light saber. Luke's light saber. I run my finger across the beautifully crafted weapon and beam up at Ben. I smile brightly as he looks down to me.

"You'll need it." His tone hardens and before I can ask him what he meant, he boards the ship. I run after him playfully, with the lightsaber in hand, but I stop suddenly remembering I'm still on StarKiller Base. I look around biting my lip and once I realize no one saw, I walk slowly onto the ship. As soon as the door closes behind me I run to Ben and wrap my arms around him.He chuckles lightly and removes his helmet. He sets it down reluctantly and smiles back at me.

As I look into his eyes it's almost like I can see the girl I was before I met him. Strong, stubborn, confident while being cautious at the same time. Where did that girl go? I've become so reckless and stupid.

"Where are we going?" I ask after I snap out of my thoughts.

He smirks fiercely.

"I don't know yet. We'll see."

I laugh lightly as a memory floods my mind.

"I'm not giving you anything."

"We'll see."

I stare off into a corner of the small ship thinking. I did give him something. My love. He could take whatever he wanted and he took me. So easily.

"I don't mean to brag, but I can fly pretty well." I poke at Ben while moving to sit down in the cockpit.

"Is that so?" He chuckles.

I run my fingers across the many colorful buttons and smile wildly down at them.

"Just tell me where to go." I say simply while pushing my hair back and sighing.

Kylo looks over to me and raises his eyebrows. He looks the most happy I've ever seen him.
-
"Here we go!" I yell out playfully. The ship accelerates quickly while rushing down to an unknown planet. I push down heavily on the lever which causes the ship to barrel down.

Ben looks at me with a nervous smile and pushes down on the control panel to keep his back against the seat.

I look down on the planet as we go. It's beautiful. There is greenery and lakes everywhere, rivers connecting them. I feel myself becoming more excited the closer we get. I look for a clear spot and once I find one, I aim for it. I flip a switch which causes the ship to hover above the ground. I pull down on another lever that sends the ship to fall slowly to the ground.

The ship becomes silent. I turn to look at Ben.

"See. I told you I was good." I smile.

"That you are." He laughs.

"So where are we going?" I ask. I didn't expect to sleep in the ship so I knew Ben had a plan of some sort.

"There's a hut somewhere near here. I think I can still remember the way." He says, though his voice has traces of hesitation. As we get up from the chairs, I turn to look at Ben's helmet that sits on the floor of the ship by his chair. I instantly feel my heart drop. Maybe I did forget who he was just a while ago. I turn to look at Ben but he's already walking out of the door. He has no intention of taking it. I also look at Luke's lightsaber but I decide to leave it.