Blind decisions

~Above is me patting Misha for the first time~

Time was running out as my mum found a school that i wanted to go to. It was a boarding school 5 hours away in the small town of Walla Walla (near Albury) which has an equine and agriculture centre. When i went there for an orientation day, the people that i talked to gave me the advice of not rishing the process of buying a horse. I don't disagree now from what iv'e seen but i'm glad i didn't listen to them. At the school you could bring your horse ( or ride one of the 10 school horses) and use the dressage, jumping, roundyard and two cross country areas to ride and get lessons as a school subject. All i needed was a horse (i refused to keep riding school horses because i thought i was capable of owning my own horse), and i had 3 weeks left. If anyone has been actively searching for horses, they'd know how bad sales are after christmas. The market was totally down and i was losing hope of ever finding a horse. I looked at ads, phoned owners and finally made an appointment to try out 15.2 hh chestnut appendix who was a school horse in a small school in Oakville. I didn't like chestnuts at the time, i was all over bays and paints, and although his ad was pretty much perfect, it didn't spark anything in me like you hear people going "yup, that's gonna be my horse", that never happened to me.   

Me and my mum had to take a taxi there because dad was working and we only had one car at the time. So we into this small riding school on a 40 degree day in the middle of the day. I'm not even wearing appropriate boots or pants and i look absolutely terrible. The owners weren't there because they moved to Queensland and decided to sell the horse. Two girls lead this big chestnut horse down to the yards and one of them asks if i wanted to pick out his feet. I let her do it because i had no idea how to. She tacks him up while the owner of the school starts to describe how she refused to sell him to a girl who wanted to buy him earlier in the day because she was too much of a beginner and my spirits start sinking, what if i'm not experienced enough? What if she doesn't like me and decides not to sell him to me? I worry so much that when it's time to get on him i only walk and trot and, eventually, nearly faint because of the heat. He was very stubborn when i rode him and kept flicking his head up and not listening to my leg aids, for some reason though, i left a deposit that day and booked a vet check for the next.