Transformation

When i got to school i was so lost, i had a roommate and i brought my bird (luckily my roommate also had a bird) but everything was so unfamiliar and there were people everywhere. The transport that i organised broke down and came 3 days after i started school. When i got there, he was in one of the yards but i didn't recognize him. I mean it was him because of his markings but he somehow looked different, new. I got on him the next day and that's when everything changed.

After that, he ended up being the best teacher anyone could ever wish for. He taught me western pleasure, jumping, the importance of subtle hints, soft hands and seat aids. When i'd forget something, he'd remind me with being stubborn, a small pig root and if i'm being very very stubborn, he throws me off (which has only happened twice...i'm learning). We started bonding easily but as summer came to an end, the 'perfect' pony in him was gone too. He didn't become crazy and it wasn't completely his fault but he was more fresh, bold and spooky than i summer. He reared for the first time in the roundyard which scared me a lot, he bolted on me the firs ride of the term just because he felt like it, i couldn't go to the end of the dressage arena because he'd bee scared to be away from other horses. And it didn't help that i was loosing my confidence too. I was afraid to jump and go up to the cross country place because i was scared he'd bolt on me or throw me off and i'd die. But somehow, we participated in my first two competitions in which i won my first ever ribbon as i came 3rd in the 50cm jumping. I was so proud of myself and of him although he seemed like he couldn't care less. I also fell off during the 60cm course because he took a sharp turn after a jump and i was scared i'd fall...which i did....Anyhow, i managed to survive winter and the first day that it got a little warm, i had my confidence back and i had the best ride in weeks despite his bad mood. 

In the holidays he came with me to the paddocks in canberra which had large paddocks, an arena and a couple of stables and yards. We went on many trail rides, meeting children, dogs, other horses and we even went to a cafe once for breakfast. I started riding him in a bitless or a halter sometimes during trails or just arena work. The one time i tried to go tackless he took off on me at a trot towards the tying up area when he realized i couldn't stop him from getting his hay. My confidence was intact after the falls iv'e had off him since i got him.