I'm Back

????? POV

I can't believe I'm back in New York. It's been a few years, but I never left.

I'm sure they've all moved on. They probably found a better friend, and he probably found a better girlfriend.

WHY DOES THAT THOUGHT UPSET ME?!?!?! I'M THE ONE WHO LEFT!!! WHY DOES IT KILL ME TO THINK THEY COULD BE PERFECTLY FINE WITHOUT ME??? I

I'm sitting in the café with tears in my eyes, and I hear the chime of the bell ring, telling me they're all still here. Every day, we would come here at this time and talk and be together.

Why did I have to leave? Oh, yeah. My powers.

I wish I had never left. Then maybe I could be sitting with them. Laughing. Smiling. Crying.

WAIT!!

CRYING??

What are they crying about? I can't stand to see them like this. I have to talk to them, but how do I do that without giving myself up? I know.

I've got the perfect idea.

Maya POV

We entered Topanga's as usual at this time of day, and the only difference was that she wasn't with us. She hasn't been with us for a few years, and I still miss her daily.

If I thought I was broken, you should have seen my brother Lucas. He was a wreck. He still searches for her. He told her he loved her before she left, and he meant it. I don't know why he hasn't moved on, but I'm glad. If he did, then I would be forced to realize and accept the fact that she's gone, but she isn't. I know she isn't. She's alive somewhere, and I'm going to find her.

I walked into the café and immediately picked up her scent, but she was nowhere to be found.

We all shared stories about her every day to keep the hope alive that one day she'll come back, and she will.

I shared the story of when she and I were little, and she was bobbing for apples and almost drowned. When I finished my story, Farkle told his, then Josh, then Smackle, then Zay, then Vanessa, and lastly, my brother Lucas.

While telling our stories, I noticed a person in a cloak staring at us. I looked closer, and I could tell it was a girl. She looked familiar, but I couldn't see her face. She just felt familiar. I guess I was staring because soon the others were too.

We were all crying because we missed Riley, but when we saw this girl, we calmed down for some reason, and I don't know why.

Suddenly, a cloud of purple smoke came from her stretched-out hand and surrounded me. I wasn't scared, though. Why wasn't I afraid?

The next thing I knew, all I saw was black, and then I saw a dark room with a button that said "Press Me," so I did. I pressed the button, and I saw all the memories of Riley and me playing all around me. And then they left, and I saw a memory I had tried to get out of my head for so long. It was the memory of the day Riley left.

FLASHBACK

I came through the window to make sure Riley was okay. After the "accident," she hadn't been the same. Her smile was fake, and her eyes and cheeks were always red and puffy. We all started to notice that something was up with her, so we decided to see her, but she wasn't there. I used my sense of smell to follow her scent, and I followed it to the old tree house where we used to play as kids. I went inside and found a note signed by all of us. I picked up mine and read it.

Dear Peaches,

I know that right now, you're probably wondering where I am. The truth is that I've gone away. I don't know if I'm returning, but I must tell you something. I love you like a sister, and I couldn't tell you this on your face.

Ever since the "accident," I've been bullied for being a freak monster. Missy bullied me, and I couldn't take it anymore. Please don't get mad and do anything to her. She isn't the reason I left.

Maybe one day I'll be able to come back and tell you then, but if I decide not to, I'll do something for you, and you'll know it was from me. I'll leave you a letter explaining everything, but let's not focus on my leaving.

I love you, Peaches. Never change. I hope that I can return and we will be united again. Until then, please don't come looking for me. You won't be able to find me. I'm blocking out your abilities so you guys can't find me. I love you, and I'll see you soon, hopefully.

XOXO, Riley

P.S. Take care of Josh and Lucas for me.

As soon I finished reading my letter, I broke into tears, and soon after that, everyone else showed up.

FLASHBACK OVER

Once the memories stopped, I woke up. It was all a vision. I looked around and saw the lady in the cloak...