one ✿

~•~•~

"It all started long ago, when I found out what those scars on my wrist really meant."

~•~•~

I was ten years old when I was taken by the hand by my best friend, Emmalyn. She had looked at me in the eye and asked one word.

"Why?"

"What do you mean, Em?"

"Your wrists . . ."

I glance down at the few scars there and frown.

"My soulmate had this happen to them, but . . . they keep on getting them."

"Aph, you know what this means, right?"

"Uhh . . . " While lost in thought, I felt the familiar stinging pain at my wrist and let out a yelp.

Emmalyn's eyes widen when she saw that blood was now on her hand. "Okay, this needs to stop. Just because he's going through whatever he's going through, that gives him no right to hurt you."

She took out a pen, and scribbled at my palm in all capital letters.

YOU IDIOT, STOP HURTING HER.

And with that, she ran inside with me right behind, muttering, "Stupid soulmates. Thinking that they can do whatever they want if they're hurting."

After she left me in the living room and looked for an adult, I found a pen on the coffee table and decided to write a friendlier message.

Sorry about my best friend . . .
Anyways, I know that things are being a bit tough for you. But don't give up. People will miss you, just know that. Family, friends . . . they will. And if they find out that you've been doing this, they'll be hurt. So please . . . skin isn't paper. You don't need to cut it.

~•~•~

"I might've been too young to actually understand, but at least I found out before it gotten worse.

~•~•~