Thirteen

A/N: Hey guys! Im finally out of hospital so updates are gonna start up again, but they wont be everyday because I have to catch up a lot of school work. So thanks for being patient and waiting for updates :)

"Okay, so how are we gonna get my mum to allow me to stay at your place without telling her that your parents won't be here?" I asked Michael as we sat in his living room, eating pizza and playing video games.

"Well I could ask my mum to lie a bit. I mean, she loves the idea of us becoming friends again, so I'm sure she'll agree" he answered.

"Well go on and ask her then. You have to come over for dinner in an hour" I said as I took a bite of pizza.

"Fine, pause the game" he said and got up to go to his mum.

I paused it and waited for him to leave the room. Once I was sure he was gone, I unpaused the game and started playing, getting ahead of Michael as his player just stood there.

"She wants to talk to us both" Michael said as he came back into the room.

"Hey, you cheated!" He exclaimed as he saw the t.v. screen.

"You're the one who trusted me to keep the game paused" I laughed.

"And you're the one who needed to cheat to win" he countered sharply.

"Touché Mikey" I grinned.

"But seriously, we should probably go talk to my mum now" he said.

"Okay" I agreed and we went to his mum.

"Dani" she smiled warmly and hugged me.

"Hi" I said shyly, even though I'd talked to Michael's mum a million times.

"I'm so glad you and Michael are friends again, I missed you. And you two are such good friends" she smiled.

"And Michael told me all about your plan..." she continued.

She's gonna say no. Fuck it.

"I'll allow it because I trust you" she finished.

"What?" I asked in surprise. Michael looked just as surprised.

"You guys are practically brother and sister, it's totally fine. It will give you a great chance to patch things up. And what your mother doesn't know won't kill her" she explained, winking as she said the last part.

"Thank you so much" I smiled, excited to stay over and fix our friendship.

"Thanks mum" Michael added.

"You're welcome. Now lets get going, we're gonna be late for dinner" she said and got up.

Once everyone was ready we walked across the street to my house and I unlocked the door for them.

"Mum, I'm back! Karen and Michael are here" I called.

"Oh hi guys!" My mum came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a cloth.

"Hi Anne, it's been a while!" Karen greeted my mum.

"Hi Karen!" My mum smiled brightly and went to give Michael's mum a hug.

"Its been too long" my mum said to Karen as she led us to the dining room.

"It has! Im so glad the kids are friends again" my mum agreed.

"Mum we're 16, we're not kids" I pointed out, making both my mum and Michael's mum laugh.

"Please, sit" my mum said and we all did.

We all dished up and began to eat, a pleasant atmosphere in the air.

"I finished reading your latest book a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it!" Karen told my mum as she took a sip of wine.