A Visitor

A ray of sunshine shone in through the thin crack between your curtains. You opened your eyes, looking at your alarm clock. At some point in the morning your alarm clock must have gone off, but you must have ignored it. Sitting up, a buzz rang from your cellphone. You opened it, reading through your messages and coming to a halt when you got a message from an unknown sender.

I'm going to stop by your place on my way to school today so we can walk there together.

Are you awake?

I'm stopping over now.

     A knock echoed throughout the house, and you rushed to your window, peeking out through your curtains. At first you were scared, not knowing who the sender was. For all you knew, it could have been a stalker. But a sigh of relief escaped you as you saw Akise. You weren't exactly sure how he got your number, but there was Akise waiting outside your door. He seemed to notice you from down there, because he looked up at your window and waved. You ran down your stairs, almost tripping down them, opening the door as you paused to catch your breath.
     "(Y/N)-kun, are you okay? You missed school today" Akise looked concerned. He was afraid that you skipped school due to yesterday's news, and that you weren't feeling well.
     "I'm fine. I must have slept through my alarm again" you replied, hesitating before stepping to the side to let Akise in. He smiled, entering and taking his shoes off in the entry way.
     "Are your parents home?" you shook your head.
     "I'm not sure where they are. They've been out for two days..." you decided not to lie to Akise, deciding that someone should know your situation at least.
     Akise frowned. "I see... Did they leave any sort of message? Perhaps where they were heading off to or when they'd be back?" and you shook your head again.
     "But it's fine! They might come back today..." you gave a hopeful smile to reassure Akise. You didn't want him to be worried about you.
     Akise set his bag down in the living room, sitting on the couch your dad sat in everyday. "To be honest, I came by to make sure you were okay, and that your safe. You seem to be oddly coping with all these deaths around you pretty well..." he trailed off for a moment. "Not to mention someone might be out to get you."
     "Get me?" you sat in a chair across from the couch, pondering, "...I don't think anyone would go through all that trouble to get to me... I'm not rich, nor did I ever upset anyone" you continued, getting nervous at the thought that someone might want to kill you. It was a possibility, but if someone wanted to kill you, wouldn't they have already done it? It's not like it would be hard to get to you at all. You then jumped out of your chair. "Wait, if someone is after me... do you think my parents are okay?" you started to feel panicky. Akise stood up, quickly placing his hands on your shoulders.
     "(Y/N)-kun! Calm down. Like you said, it might not even be because someone is after you. It could very well be all a really bad coincidence. But we can't rule out the possibility" Akise began, trying to reassure you. "I'm sure your parents are fine. It didn't look like there were any signs of struggling or a break in when you found them missing, right?"
     You took a deep breath, relaxing your shoulders a bit as you nodded. There was nothing out of the ordinary at all when you got home, just the lack of people. You sat back down, staring at the ground and Akise sat back down with you, tapping his fingers against his leg as he drifted back into thought. "Well, it's getting late. I don't want to be a bother, so I'll be heading back. Just make sure to lock your windows and doors tonight, you can never be too safe" he picked up his bag, waving as he exited the room. You silently listened for a bit as you heard the shut of the front door before getting up yourself. You were still trying to wrap the idea that someone might be after you around your head, trying desperately to find a reason as to why someone might, but drew a blank. You flipped out your cellphone. In times like these, it was always nice to be able to organize thoughts out as you created a new entry.

I'm scared.

Today Akise somehow found out my cellphone number, I forgot to ask him how he got it. Only my dead friends knew it, as well as my parents.

He stopped by and told me someone might be out to kill me. It was something I never thought of happening to me ever...

After hearing all that, I don't want to be alone here.

I don't feel safe.

     You looked up at the clock. It was getting late. Better lock the doors and windows now, you had a feeling that it would be a long night.