Chapter 4: Mirrors and Desires

Kate's POV

*1 week before school starts*

"That's it Harry," I said seriously. "I can't do this anymore. We've been playing chess everyday for the past 3 weeks. I officially hate chess!"

"You have a point," sighed Harry. "I just realised that Ron's gonna wanna play in school too. I think we should have a no chess policy for the rest of the summer."

"YES!" I exclaimed. "Best idea you've EVER had."

"So what do you want to do now?"

"I dunno, go get breakfast? We have three quarters of an hour left."

"Sure, let's go."

I went to my room, got dressed in a black t-shirt, a white abercrombie skirt, a white croche shrug, antique silver small hoop earrings, a set of silver bracelet bangles and my lucky Hermes ring. I slipped on my Luois Vuitton suede Syracusa heeled sandals, grabbedmy Givenchy wallet (http://www.polyvore.com/black_white_silver_chap/set?id=36373937) and ran out of the room. I tapped Harry, who was reading that weird new monster book we had to but for Care of Magical Creatures - after stroking the spine of course -, and he stood up. He studied me for a moment. 

"what?" i asked him.

"Oh nothing. It's just you're dressed in all black and white today. Black and white were your favourite colours since when?"

"They never were. Black and silver and purple are my favourite colours," I replied to his stupid question.

"Right, 'cause of the ring."

I looked down at my silver ring (it's in the polyvore set for those of you who didn't see it) and smiled. It was my lucly ring although I hadn't told anybody of how I had acquired it, and I didn't plan to anytime soon.

"Good guess," I said airily. "Now can we please go? I'm starving to the core."

He raised up his hands in surrender and laughed. "Yeah sure."

We got out of the room and departed for the dining room after I locked the door. Just as I was about to descend the stairs that led to the dining room on the ground floor from the first floor, a ginger cat and chubby rat breezed past in front of me. I stepped backwards from shock and bumped into Harry. But that didn't matter to both of us. In fact we sprinted down the stairs so fast that I almost fell.

"Hermione!" I squeeled. I hugged her tightly, delighted to meet her after almost 3 months. I looked at Ron, who beamed when he saw me, and smiled. "Hello Ronald!"

"Hi Katelyn," he retorted with the use of my full name too. I stuck my tongue out at him. Only then did I register that the whole Weasley family was there.

"Hi guys," I said to the twins and - ugh - Percy and Ginny. "Hello Mr and Mrs Weasley."

Mrs Weasley greeted me with a warm hug and then moved  on to scrutinise Harry about how he looked way too skinny. "See Harry? I told you the same thing." I said to Harry. I turned to Mrs Weasley and told her, " I've been trying to get Harry to eat more for the past 3 weeks, he just says that he's used to eating less."

"Wait, 3 weeks?" asked Ron. "You've been together for 3 weeks?"

"No Ron, we've never been together." I mocked.

"Kate, you know what I mean," he said with annoyance.

"Yeah, we've been staying here for the past 3 weeks. Harry sorta ran away from his muggle house and  came here. I just volunteered to stay here with him so 1) he wouldn't get bored and 2) Mother was going to be home for a month and I can't take too much Diane time."