Preface

The name's Ethan, Ethan Monroe. Today, you wonder why you even attempt to read this book, as oppose to the other books you could find. As a matter a fact, I never love reading books. Books are way out of their league, against the technological advancement. It's a tangible object that shows text for you to do a mere imagination of what a writer is trying to portray, or shall I say, they just write for a living. I suck at writing truly, I suck. The worst part of it is to write my story out, all in words about the adventure...Well, misadventures that I had gone through in my peculiar life. I'm not even sure if book agents will even approve this preface, will I ever get publish?

     I really tried to write a prologue but it seems that it just won't do. They say that a prologue cannot be misused, as a store for backstory junks. They also said that a prologue will be accepted, if it is to make readers aware, of the history that would eventually trigger that particular story. So in my understanding, it's about clarifying a glimpse of the past or in a time based event. Well whatever, the point is I never understood anything. How the hell are they going to understand one bit of my story when I'm writing my prologue in the year 2016, and as I lived through the story on February 3000, chapter 5 on 10,000 B.C, chapter 52 on July 1914 and as the list goes on, publishers will think its absurd to have such an author. A very mental one I suppose. That's the reason I settled in with a preface, the one with the big title labelled above.

     Truthfully, the story that I will be writing isn't about a make up believe character. It's about me, the protagonist. Yeah, sadly to say I'm not much of a character, I have flaws everywhere. Not your average hero but where life has taken me, I'm less likely of a hero, per se, much more of a victim. The sad thing is, I don't even know where to start. Maybe I could start the story in a particular setting, where I had the most outrageous idea of creating a time travel device that ruined my life, and other people's life.

     Oh, the horror of my parents having me, I should have gone and kill my breed when I had the chance. Okay, where was I? Yes, the time machine. I never got the chance to use it properly, it just sucks me right in the void through space and time. I could have gotten away with the trouble by making lemonade but no, I was stupid enough to create a wondrous hell.

     As the time ticks, I would like to express a token of my gratitude, and give credits to those who helped me along the adventures and my book, as it won't be completed without the help of my fellow cave dwellers, the mighty Egyptians, the intelligent Greeks, the Romans... Come on guys lets be serious, it was a whole lot of history to go through, read your history books, you might find me there though. Honestly, as you proceed to read this story, it will reveal back all those events that helped shaped mankind and the world as we know it. For we cannot advance forward, without looking back at the past. (Not your ordinary history book)