Chapter 1 (Third Person Omniscient)

"Happy new year!" The crowds screamed gleefully as the clock strikes 12. Some hugs and kisses were traded off as they made it to the year 3000. Ethan took a glance thoroughly around the room, searching for his parents. Sadly, they were nowhere to be found as the thought of hopelessness came about. He just wished that his mum and dad was there to enlighten the party but, father was busy hosting the New Year in Storm Incorporated, and mother went to celebrate it in the mayor's mansion. It was all the same every year, Ethan and his brother Max, alone in the penthouse.Though the brother was a bit of a party goer, he didn't mind as he organized a huge one together with his energetic pals at home.

    The scenery outside was just lively, Ethan couldn't resist viewing that breathtaking scene on his balcony, as the fireworks lit up the dark sky. Red, green, orange then a huge purple, accompanied with the creative patterns, and the remains glowed astoundingly, as they died off slowly. He gave a grin of satisfaction, assuming that the year 3000 will be different and much of an adventure. "Beautiful!" He muttered, as he stretched his arms, wide open,welcoming the aura of good spirits that would bless him as he endures this year's journey.

     "Hey Ethan, come back inside, people are beginning to think you've been raped." Max came about, as he interrupts his little brother from his little ritual. Wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and brown shorts, he steadily holds a cocktail glass that was filled with those tropical fruits while the rum soaks them about, he walk towards him.

     "I'm good, I'll be right here if you need me," Ethan's eyes slowly shifts at the back of his brother, as he peeps out from Max's shoulder, a group of girls waiting impatiently. "Looks like your having the time of your life." he added.

     "Where did you think I got my good looks from?" as Max gladly gave an awkward wink to him, followed with a sip of his cocktail.

     "Don't know, perhaps mother?"

     "I got it from both of them you dumb ass, you're the one who looks like a bastard, haha!" Max laugh aloud as he plans to get back partying. "You're lost bro, go get some fun in yea!" Max yelled, whilst his head turned back, glancing at him just in time before the bass music engulf his voice.

     Ethan suddenly a bit amused to watch his brother raving, suddenly interested about the idea of actually joining them. But Ethan had other things in mind, as he enters the party and roams the isle slowly, back to his room. He seemingly had a strange feeling, to look up for some old memories in his closet. He rummage through drawers and boxes to find the pictures of his best pals together, during their unforgettable field trip to the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland. The delight of being able to sneak pass the guards and as they seated themselves inside the gaps of  the Hadron Collider, they smoked pot together, soon to be caught by the guards, unwittingly knowing they were already in paradise.

     All of them were science geeks, like Ethan however, was a prodigy in inventing highly complex machines. Although his prized possession was the fridge robot--a bit of a weirdo he was, he also invented the first ever air filter device and the bio-engineered "meal fruit" that provides 100% nutritional needs.

     He wishes the past to be recreated, the joy of being teenagers again, truly he does. Tragically, the friends that he thought would've been there through thick and thin, forever by his side, died shockingly in a plane crash. He received the horrible news right after he graduated, he was heartbroken to a point he didn't consider eating for the past 3 days after the accident. Ethan locked his room, as tears fell from his cheeks all night. He was so miserable at that time, till the point he slit his wrist, just hoping that he would meet his dearly beloved friends in the afterlife.

     During dinner his mother followed her instinct, knowing that Ethan didn't replied back after several times she called, she quickly broke the door and found him drenched with blood in his room, as he passed out. Luckily he failed to severe the artery and the doctor gave him prescription drugs as well as a resort to a 3 month rehabilitation center before he gets the chance to be free once more .

     Ethan paced himself around the room, until an ache develops around his legs, due to the long hours from the party, he took a step back, seemingly knowing the divan would catch his fall, he surrendered himself onto the luxurious seat. He gave a long sigh as he glance upon the sky glass, embedded in the ceiling, transparent as it was crystal clear, the moon shines brightly, just enough rays to highlight the stars of the night. Ethan pondered long, trying to find the person he once were, his inventions was the only thing that kept him going.

     Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick... Ethan stared on the holographic clock that was positioned right beside his bed, as he sat on the divan across the room. There was no apparent sound actually, the digital hands that ticks guides him through, as the ticking was playing inside his head all along, imagining how an analog clock would've sounded like, it seems that those pieces were history by now.

     Then it came, the million,the billion, the trillion dollar idea, as he pondered upon a void in his mind whilst watching the clock ticks, he knew the solution towards changing his past life and to save his friends. Just the thought of it gave shivers down his spines. The 17 year old kid had flashbacks flowing through him,the ability to go back to the past and stop that plane--as he attempts to build the world's first ever time machine.

     Many attempts had been done since the coming of the 20th century, he was fanatic with these histories that involved in people conducting experiments and tried to physic the hell out of this ultimate idea but nonetheless, they failed. But upon the celebration of the year 3000, he noticed something in particular, he had the funding, he got the brains, the technology advancement had skyrocket than ever before, all he had to do was make it.

*** Hey guys, so this would be the end of my first chapter of timeless life. Although, I really need your opinion in which point of view should I take or at least, which do you guys prefer. I'm really not good in doing my first person narrative point of view though, the content you've just read above was a third person omniscient point of view. I have two samples and I just want one to represent my story and throughout the course of my novel of course. Please give me a review on the comments below, thanks! ***