two

Consciousness slowly came back to me, the pain still as horrible as it had been the first time. When I finally pried open my eyes I knew that I was in a pack dungeon, the silver bars and chiseled stone surrounding me were enough to let me know that. But it was surprisingly bright for a dungeon, light poured in from the ceiling and I could smell freshly mowed grass.

I felt confusion for a few moments. How did I even get here? But then I looked down at my wrist and the exposed shackles burning into my skin. I could already see that the skin around the edges of it had turned black and the rest of my arms were red and blotchy.

Seriously? Did they really have to take off the cloths? There was no necessary reason why they would need to do that! Well, unless they planned to torture me which they seriously didn't need to.

I groaned and fell back down onto the ground, wishing that I was anywhere but here. This was only slightly worse than when I was trapped by rogues at that zoo, because I knew that I was alone and trapped and had nothing to fight for. Well, there was the fact that if they didn't let me go they would very soon be under a rogue attack.

A loud bang made me lift my head and saw the same guy who caught me standing on the other side of the bars with a carefully blank expression. "Rogue," he grunted, addressing me, "stand, the alpha wishes to speak with you."

Another groan escaped me as I rolled onto my stomach and tried to lift myself up. It was a wasted effort since I just fell back down to the ground and got my teeth coated in dust and dirt.

I looked over at the guy from over my shoulder and he looked like he was holding back his laughter. "You gonna be a gentleman and help me up?" I asked.

He shook his head no. I knew it was going to happen, so I sighed and laid on the ground in a starfish like manner. "Then your alpha'll just have to deal with it."

He growled down at me, but I ignored him, not moving an inch from where I lay sprawled out. I heard feet stomping down the hall towards my cell, the beta took a few steps back and leaned against the wall. A moment later the alpha stood in front of the gates and stared down at me with a stony expression.

He wasn't a bad looking man. He was sporting the whole dark and brooding shtick, which worked out for him well. But there was a gleam in his hazel eyes that ruined that illusion. Already I could see that his eyes face away too much of his mind, which was never good for any alpha who wanted to keep his dignity.

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked down at me. I could see the curiosity and intrigue glowing under his gaze. "So, rogue," he began with a ridiculously deep voice that felt like it was vibrating my toes, which was creepy, "why are you on my land?"

I shifted around so that I was back to laying on my back, my arms high above my head and legs still spread apart. Yes, it was a very vulnerable position, but oh well. No one would be brave enough when I was infected with silver. "Just passing through peacefully," I said. "No innuendos whatsoever, or spying from the pack I don't belong to anymore."

"Why don't you belong to a pack anymore?" he asked, looking more intrigued.

I smirked smugly at him. "Would you believe me if I said rogues kidnapped me and are now hell bent on finding me again?"

He frowned at me and the small thread of doubt clouded his vision. "So why would you leave your pack? Couldn't they have helped you?"

"No," I bluntly answered.

"What's your name?"

"Jane Doe,"

The beta growled down at me, but I didn't react.