five

So, if you're wondering, banging your head against the wall gets old after about three hours. I've been bored out of my mind and the Hunters apparently weren't counting on me being awake just yet. Nove didn't say anything, just sat and avoided looking in my direction. She made me curious because I had never smelt anyone that smelt like her before.

Somehow I had turned around so that my legs were high on the wall and the top of my head was on the floor. Why and how, I didn't actually know, I just knew that it was a fairly comfortable position to be in.

The door swung open and two figures wearing ski masks walked in, one was holding a needle while the other held a cattle prod. When they saw the way I was sprawled out they paused, as if uncertain how to proceed with me in such an odd position.

Ha! They probably hadn't thought I was that skinny that I could turn myself around completely. I smirked up at them. "Hello," I said in a pleasant tone.

The men were only fazed for a moment before the came up towards me. Together they unlatched me to the wall and hung me on one of the sets of chains hanging from the ceiling. I didn't fight, I didn't have the energy to fight anyone any more. Those cuffs were starting to take their toll. I held back a pained gasp as they dug deeper into my flesh, searing off more skin. At this point I wouldn't have been surprised if my wrist was down to the bare bone by now.

The man holding a needle gripped my chin and tilted my head so that I was looking into his brown eyes. His cold, menacing, dead brown eyes. "Well, well, little Marguerite Trenton, vulnerable at long last," he sneered, and I could hear his satisfied smirk.

I gritted my teeth at the name that seemed so foreign. Marguerite Tenton no longer existed, her life had ended, no matter how many times wanted to bring her back.

"Why did you run away, wolfie?" he asked tauntingly. "Did your family finally have enough of your burden and kicked you out?"

"Why do you care?" I asked, my voice sounding husky and strained, even in my ears.

"Oh, I don't. But when boss man comes he's gonna want your entire life story."

I chuckled weakly. I had met plenty of Hunter bosses, they were nothing special. Most were just rich fatties with money to burn and nothing else to spend it on. It was how hunters afforded things, make a millionaire feel important and drain them dry, leaving not so much as a quarter left before moving to the next rich sap. Bring in an alpha hunter and I might get worried, but anyone else wasn't a real threat.

The man wasn't very pleased with my reaction, and before I even noticed him inclining his head I already felt the volts of electric shocks bouncing through my body. I wanted to scream, so desperately, but I bit my lip until I felt to begin to bleed and held back any noise from exiting my mouth.

When it ended I felt drained, there was an overwhelming need to take a nap, but it was probably that last thing I would be able to do. "Teach you to laugh at boss man," the cattle-prod guy grumbled.

My jaw was set in a tight line, caging the nasty words that were threatening to bubble out exactly what I thought of their boss man. It was already apparent that my jaw was going to be sore if I ever got out of here from how much force I had to put into clenching.

The first man grabbed my chin again. "Answer my question," he said, not joking for a second.

I glared at him with all the hatred I could muster. "I left because there was nothing left for me," I spat, talking slowly as though he was an infant.

He matched my glare. "And why would that be? Did your pathetic mate finally get the balls to reject you?"

I didn't respond to that, there was nothing I could say. He could interpret my circumstance as he wished, but I had no intention on telling him the truth. My life wasn't up for discussions at the moment and I didn't have to explain myself to the likes of him.