Chapter 4: Kisses

*Garroth's POV*

   Ahhh, It was finally over. They had Laurance all hooked up and had used defibrillators to help with Laurance's heart attack. That had been almost four hours ago. I was now sitting beside Laurance and he was sitting up and staring out the window.

   "Hey Zoey?"I looked over to the fairy.

   "Yes Garroth? Is there something wrong?" Zoey smiled and walked over with her clipboard.

   "No, not really, I was just wondering why is the dripper thingy filled with what looks like blood? Shouldn't it have some clear liquid?" I had been wondering that for quite some time. Zoey laughed.

   "It is actually human blood," Zoey said.

   Laurance blushed, "Yeah, since I'm a shadow knight, blood sustains me better that the stuff they usually put in there. If I drank a small amount of human blood every day I probably wouldn't have cancer! But that would be barbaric!" I was astounded. Human blood!?

   "Okay, that is disgusting but really cool at the same time!" I giggled. Laurance laughed and Dante, who was in the corner gave his own little snicker. 

   The door opened and a nurse came in, "Theres another visitor for Laurance Zvahl." She said in a tinkling voice. Laurance nodded his head and she left the room. Then a man, about in his mid-twentys came in. He wore a blue and grey striped hoodie with black denim pants. I thought I caught a bit of grey hair in the mess of a small Afro on his head.

   "Wolf!" Laurance exclaimed. Then a girl with white hair in a pixie cut walked in. She had grey, shaggy wolf ears and tail. She had this smug look around her and when she came in she grabbed Wolf's hand and put her head on his shoulder.

   "Yus! Wolfie x Xylo! My OTP!!!!!!" Laurance did a fist pump. Wolf blushed and used the hand not being grasped to pat who I assumed was Xylo's head. Suddenly I remembered them. Xylo and Wolfie had lived in the country had went to school with Laurance and Dante. 

  Dante had run over to the pair and hugged them, "It's so nice to see you!"

   "Yeah and I brought better news for for you Laurance from the Doctor. The test results came in. Your free to go!" Zoey smiled and went over to Laurance and started to remove the gear.

   "Yay!" Dante giggled, "I can finally go home!

   "By the way Dante," Xylo said in a soft, whispy voice, "I saw a job opening here. You should try it out! I mean you do have enough degrees!"

   Dante's eyes widened. Zoey grinned, "Yeah Dante! You would love it here!" Dante agreed and after Laurance was disconnected from all the machines we all walked out together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Laurance's POV*

   I walked next to my friends in a daze. When I had been done with the heart attack Garroth had been in hysteria. I remembered him muttering while Dante tried to clam him.

   Garroth had said one thing that had made my heard burst out of it's chest, "I love him! I can't lose him!" Did he really think about me that way!? I wanted it to be true. I mean as so many memes say:

   So I couldn't be true, could it

   So I couldn't be true, could it. I had been really happy though to see my childhood friend Wolf and Xylo. I had bee ecstatic to see they were dating!  But they wouldn't distract me from what I had decided to do three hours ago, "Hey Garroth?" Garroth looked to me. I leaned over to whisper something in his ear, "Do you have a crush on me? You were talking in hystarics before and said you loved me!"

   Garroth's face flushed and he slowly nodded. My face must have been red too because he scanned his eyes over my face and blinked, "Hey guys," I called to them. They all stopped and looked at me, "I need to talk to Garroth you guys go on ahead. They nodded and continued. I dragged Garroth over to some conveniently paced trees and pushed him up against one.

   "L-Laurance?" Garroth gasped, I smashed my face into his and he stiffened. Then he slowly relaxed and put his arms around my waist. There was a gasp behind us and we broke apart.

Sorry for the short chapter I've got school.