competition (Ch 27)

Dilly's PoV

"How could you pull it off that well though?" Nate asked me. "Because remember all the times I asked if I could hold your hand and sometimes you said yes? That's one of my ways. All the photos we took together. Every time we hung out; well almost every time we hung out. Just doing normal everyday things with you, made them think we were dating, Nate." I explain.

"So, you did all of that; so guys don't ask me out? Awe, Dilly, that's so sweet." He says pulling me into a hug. "Of course I would do this for you Nate. I love you, Nate, you're my best friend. Well, more like my brother at times." I say. We both laugh and hug again.

"More like most of the time, Dilly." He says in my ear. I go to check my phone and I saw what time it was.

"Fuck." I mumble under my breathe. "Nate." I say. He turns and I toss him his sweats and my hoodie. "What's going on?" He questioned. "I have competition tomorrow, and we were suppose to be back by 12; it's almost 11:50. We need to go don't bother about putting your clothes back on. I'll just turn the heat up when we get in the car." I say taking him back through the path we had taken to get to the spot.

We got into the car. When we put our backs against our seats we both jumped at the ice cold touch. But then it was gone. I turn up the heat and started driving home. Nate looks at me, like he was about to say something; but then looks away. Weird, I l know right?

Nate's PoV

We got into the car and when we had put our backs against our seats; we jumped at the ice cold touch. But then it was gone. Dilly turned up the heat and started driving us home. I was looking at Dilly; thinking about what he had told me. He must have noticed I was staring at him, because he was looking at me from the corner of his eye. So I look away.

My thoughts keep running through my mind. Why don't you go ahead and ask him? You know you want to. So, just do it, because you're wasting your time not asking him. Just fucking ask him already don't be such a fucking bitch Nate, like damn. I stopped arguing with myself long enough to turn to Dilly and say, "Dilly, did you grab my hand most of those times back home cause you were making sure guys don't ask me out? Or was it because you liked me and didn't want anyone else to have me?" He looks at me with embarrassment.

"Both reasons actually.." He says. His cheeks turning really pink. "What's got you blushing so hard? Is it because I put you on the spot?" I asked him. "Yes, and also because we both know that I've had a crush on you since like the 7th grade, Nate." Dilly says. "I know that you do, Dilly, that's why I'm bringing it up now." I said. "Why would you want to bring it up now though?" He asked. "Because DIlly, I want to know what you see in me to like me. I've known that you liked me for a while, even before you told me yourself." I explain. "So, what you're saying is that, you know that I liked you; And now you want me to tell you what it is I see in you that makes me like you?" He asked. "Yes, Dilly, I really want to know. Can you please tell me?" I questioned.