Here I Go (Ch 29)

Nate's PoV

We pull into Dilly's driveway. He kills the engine and turns to me. "You wanna know what I see in you, Nate?" He asked. "Please." Is the only word that escapes my lips. "This is what I see in you, Nate. I see a guy, who can make me laugh when I'm down. You can make me forget all the pain that I have been through. You have actually treated me right; unlike most guys have. I know I can come to you for anything. Any problem, questions. Whatever it might be, I know that I can go to you. I love it when you smile at me and ask if I'm okay. Even when I'm not and say I am. You know that I'm lying about it, and you won't stop until you know what's wrong. You make my days better, Nate, can't you see that?" He says.

I just sat there jaw dropped. "I..Is that re..really how you feel, Dilly?" I asked stuttering. "Yeah, Nate, that's really how I feel; well let's get inside. I have competition..." He trails off looking at his phone.

Saturday morning (12:00)

Dilly's PoV

From Danny:

What you saw at the game wasn't what it looked like, Dilly, I promise it wasn't. Please just hear me out. I don't know what you saw tonight but I promise you that I'm not cheating on you. I would never hurt you like Jay has. I wouldn't hurt you, Dilly, and you know I wouldn't. So, again, please hear me out.

"What is it, Dilly?" Nate asked. "Nothing; let's get inside and head to bed. I'm really tired." I say.

Later that morning (4:47)

(Still Dilly's PoV)

I woke up around 5. That's lovely, I only got about five hours of sleep. I thought to myself. I slowly got dressed. As I walk into my kitchen, I already see Nae heating herself up some leftover pizza from last night. "H...hey Nae." I say softly. "Hey punk. How'd you sleep?" She asked. "I had only about five hours of sleep. How'd you think I slept?" I said to her. "Well, I'm sorry." She mumbles. "I'm sorry, Nae, I'm just really tired, and It's also going to be a long day as well. I also have a dance performance and I know that I'm nowhere near as ready as the girls in my class are." I explain.

"You can do it DIlly, I know you can, We all know you can." Nae says. "Yeah, don't worry bubba, you got this." Kris says. I turn around quickly. "Oh, shit you fucking scared me!" I shout. "I'm sorry that I scared you, bubba." Kris replies. "It's fine, Kris. Where's Nate?" I asked her. "I have no idea. He wasn't in the room with you last?" Kris asked. "I'm not sure. Let me check." I say walking to my bedroom door. I slowly open the door. I don't see him on the floor or in the bed. Where is he? He's usually in the floor or in the bed, when he's over with me. I thought.

Nate's Pov

I was in bed with Dilly except he was asleep and I was not. I was too busy thinking about what he told me. So I do what I always do when I need to think, I go to the roof, So here I am. Lying on the roof; listening to the quiet chirps of the crickets and the faint sound of the waterfall in the distance.

ANYWAYS.

Wow, Dilly use to have a crush on me. I knew that he did but I never thought he would have admit it. But he did that's what shocked me though. He does, well, he did use to have a crush on me. "I'm so fucking stupid." I say to myself. "I could have been a little nicer to Dilly. I never should have went off on him that day last year. I can't believe I made him cry. I hate myself because of it. Fuck! Why do I ruin everything?" I questioned myself. "You don't ruin everything, Nate." I heard someone say. I turn around quickly to see Dilly behind me. "Oh my Lanta!!!! Dilly how long have you been there?" I asked. "When you said you're so fucking stupid." He says.

"Well, I am, Dilly." I said. "And how is that, Nate?" He asked. "Because I treat you like complete shit sometimes. Even th-" He cuts me off. "You only get that way sometimes because I annoy you." He says. "NO! You don't annoy me, Dilly." I reply. "How?" He asked. "Because I get agitated at times; so I get angry and snap on people that I don't mean to snap on. I don't mean to do it, Dilly, I just do." I sit up and lower my head. "Can I sit?" Dilly asked. "Yeah, sure." I replied.

He sits down next to me. "You really don't think I annoy you, Nate?" He asked again. "Dilly, it's my turn to tell you something." I say. "What would that be, Nate?" He replies. "Dilly, we have known each other since what like the 6th or 7th grade. We're close friends, Dilly, and I should have known you had a crush on me. But I didn't, that's why I feel so stupid for not knowing; when I should have. It was so obvious that you liked me, and I was to blind to see it. Dilly, I know you told me what you saw in me, but how did that make you like me? I can't understand that part though. I don't like how I treated you most days. But you still stood by my side. Why; why didn't you leave like most people did?" I explain.

He sat there for a few good minutes, probably on the verge of tears. "Why did you think I was going to leave?" He questioned. "Because most people did leave when I was a complete ass to them. But you didn't. That's what I can't wrap my head around, Dilly." I stated. "That's because I mean what I say, Nate, I told you that I love you, and I mean that; I also told you that I would never leave your side. I meant that as well. No matter how pissed you are; or if you're ever mad at me. I will never leave your side no matter how much you want me to cause you're mad at me. But I'm not because I'm still going to care about you. And I mean it, Nate." He replies.

I sit there processing what he had just told me, "Well I'm glad to know that now, Dilly; but why couldn't you have told me that sooner?" I asked. "Because I didn't know how you would feel about me liking you. Or that I would always be by your side no matter what happens. I just didn't know how you would take anything after I said that I liked you..." He said. "Dilly, even if you told me that, I wouldn't stop being your friend. I would still love you the same, just like i did before you told me." I stated.

Dilly's PoV

Nate yawns. "I think it's time that you head to bed, Nate." I suggested. "No, it's not. I'm not going to sleep until you're in your uniform." He answered. "Nate, all I have to do is put on my pants and jacket. Besides you already saw me in my uniform last night. Why do you want to see me in it again?" I asked. " I like seeing you in it, Dilly, it's really cute on you." He says yawning again. Okay, he really needs to sleep. He is really tired. Does he even know what he's saying? I thought. "Oh." That was the only thing I could process to say. "Yeah, so go put on your uniform babe, so I can see it." He says. Umm he just said babe. He is DEFINITELY out of it. He really needs to get some sleep. I thought. "So if I go put on my uniform for you; you'll go to sleep. Is that what you're wanting?" I asked. "Yes, babe. It is." He replied. I laughed. "Okay, come on, Nate let's go to my room." I said as I helped him down from my roof.

We pass Nae and Kris. "Hey, Nate, where were you?" Kris asked. "On the roof with babe." He says softly. Kris and Nae shot a look towards me. "Babe?" They both mouthed. I shrugged at them. "He's out of it. He needs sleep." I mouthed back. They nod. "Let's go, Dilly." Nate says walking into my room. "Okay, I'm coming, just give me a minute." I replied. I turn to Nae. "Nae, give me about five minutes, Okay?" I said. "Yeah, of course." She says. "Thanks." I say closing my bedroom door.

"Are you going to show me?" He asked. "Yes, just hold on, okay Nate." I reply. "Okay." He says smiling. Ughh! DId he smoke or take something while he was up there? I took a breathe. He doesn't smell like any type of smoke or weed. I wouldn't have any clue if he took anything either. Could he be drunk? I asked myself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Nate slapped my ass. "Oh my Lanta!" I say. "What?" He replied. I turned to see Nate smiling. "Are you drunk or something, Nate?" I asked. "No, I'm not drunk, DIlly." He says. He sits on my bed. "Then why did you slap my ass?" I asked. "Cause we're dating. Duhhhh babe." Dammnnn. He really is fucked up. I gotta do something about this. Nate NEVER acts like this. I need to figure out what's wrong with him. I thought to myself.