2 | Now

Now

Rose stared out the window of her Coruscant apartment, wondering where the time had gone. It was as if she hadn't slept in days, due to thinking of her former Master's arrival back to the Jedi's planet.

It's been ten years since she last seen Master Obi-Wan. He had gone away on a mission on the other side of the Galaxy, and finished Anakin's training there. Although he was not a Master yet, he knew a lot at the age of twenty two.

How she missed Anakin more than anyone would know. She dreamt of him everyday when he left, and she was hoping seeing him would calm those dreams.

A swift knock stopped her, and she walked towards her door. A Jedi Guard that patrolled the floors stood, and he looked at Rose.

"Master Windu is requesting your presence." He said. Rose nodded to the Guard before pulling on her cloak, and hurrying to the Jedi Temple.

                                      ***

Mace Windu spoke to Yoda as she stepped into the Council Chamber, and she bowed to the two.

"Forgive me for being late, Master." She said to them.
Mace Windu looked at the girl. "I have been notified that Senator Amidala has arrived to Coruscant. I'm commanding that you help her with anything until Obi-Wan arrives back from Vanqor."

Senator Amidala; the former Queen of Naboo.

Rose nodded. "Yes, Master."

Once she left, she hurried through the hallways of the Temple, and outside. Padmé Amidala stood on the stripping land platform, alongside Captain Typho.

Once her brown eyes met Rose's, she smiled.
"Rose, you've grown so much!" She said, embracing the girl. "It's been too long."
"I agree, Milady." She said. "It is lovely to see you."
Padmé looked back at Typho. "Thank you for your work, Captain Typho. I'll be quite alright here with the Jedi."

He bowed before Padmé. "Take care, Milady."

Once his ship left the land platform, Rose looked at Padmé.

Padmé smiled. "You've grown into a beautiful woman, Rose. No wonder Anakin is crazy for you."
Rose blushed. "I doubt that's true, Milady."
Padmé only laughed; knowing the truth.

As they reached Padmé's new Coruscant Apartment, Rose stood, offering to help, but Padmé refused.

"Tell me what you have been up to." She said. "Anything new?"

Rose shrugged. "I did get a new lightsaber yesterday. Master Windu thought it was necessary, my old lightsaber was very dull."
Padmé laughed as she placed her gowns in her wardrobe.

"You seem tired." She said to her.
Rose stared out the window, something she found herself doing a lot; she would hope that one time she'd look out, and see Anakin arriving back home.

"I haven't slept the best in a while now." She confessed. "Perhaps it's because of the noisy speeders that fly by my window."

It was silent for a moment, and she closed her eyes.
"You miss him, don't you?"
She opened her eyes again, now looking at Padmé.
"What?"
"Anakin." She answered. "I know how close you both are. You haven't seen him in ten years, Rose. It's understandable to miss him."

She caught herself frowning. "Jedi are not allowed to be attached, nor to love."
"That shouldn't stop you." Padmé argued.
Rose fiddled with the sides of her tunic. "Anakin doesn't love me the way that I love him."

Padmé sighed, eventually Rose, too.

"I do miss him." She whispered. "More than you can imagine."

Padmé placed her hand to Rose's shoulder.
"He'll be back, Rose." She said. "You'll be reunited soon."
Rose smiled. "Your support is appreciated, Milady."
"Anything for a friend."

Although Padmé was six years older than Rose, she still considered the Senator her best friend, the only woman she could speak to about Anakin.

Once she looked out the window again, she inhaled, and exhaled.

She would soon be reunited with the love of her life.