4 | Council Meeting

Anakin stood along with Rose as the Jedi Council sat around them. Senator Amidala followed, folding her hands in front of her.

"As we all know, General Grievous has escaped." Master Windu announced. "Now knowing he is in charge of the droid army, we must form a plan to destroy the Cyborg once and for all."

"Master Windu," Rose started. "What is it you mean that the Empire has risen?"
"Exactly what it sounds like." He said coldly. Anakin grimaced faintly at the way he spoke to her.
"Forgive me, Master." She muttered.

"The Empire has returned, and is now stronger than we've ever realized." Obi-Wan said to assure Rose. "We must destroy the Empire."

"One step at a time." Mace added.

Seantor Amidala stepped forward. "I will do as much as I can."
"Generous of you." Yoda hummed.

Mace looked at Anakin. "In the meanwhile, I'm ordering every Jedi to stay on Coruscant until the further time, when we mission to Utapau."
"There, Grievous is." Yoda said as he looked around the room.

"The Sith Lord Darth Sidious has reunited with the standing Death Star." Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke, turning his head towards Mace Windu.

War was coming, and the Jedi had to be prepared. And for once; Rose was afraid. She hadn't been afraid since the day she arrived here on Coruscant, fourteen years ago.

"May the Force be with us all."

Anakin caught up with Rose as they walked through the hallways of the Jedi Temple.
"I've noticed Master Windu's tone towards you hasn't changed." He said.
Rose shrugged. "I guess you can say I've grown used to it."
"It shouldn't be allowed." He said to her. "You deserve to be treated better."
She smiled. "That's kind of you."

Anakin looked away shyly as they continued to walk. "Things here have changed."
"What do you mean?" Rose asked.
Anakin looked down at her. "Everything and everyone seems so overwhelmed."
"We're being put at war." Rose told him.

"If someone better was in charge, none of this would be happening. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of trust in the Chancellor, also."
Rose smiled. She knew how close Anakin was with Chancellor Palpatine.

"I understand." She didn't perspectively agree with Anakin's friendship with the Chancellor, but she didn't like to disagree with him ever since Anakin's mother was killed. They had disagreed on when he killed the Sand People.

Not being able to be there for him in person was what killed her the most. She had to witness his grieving over a hologram recording.

But she sighed of relief to the fact that he was standing right before her, smiling at her.
"What?" She asked suddenly as he stared at her.
Anakin blinked twice, still smiling faintly. "You're so... Beautiful."

Rose smiled as Anakin's cheeks tinted light pink, wondering why he had said that aloud.
"You haven't changed." She said to him. "The same smile that I love."
"You're the reason for my smile, Rose." He told her. "I don't think I've smiled since the day we parted."
Rose frowned. "Focus on the positivity; you're here now."

Anakin sighed aloud as he reached for Rose, pulling her to his chest. He rested his chin on her head as she buried her face in his tunic.
"I'm not going anywhere."
"What does this mean?"

Anakin hummed. "That whatever happens, we're in it together."
Rose smiled. "You don't know how much I love the sound of that."
Anakin grinned. "I can imagine."

Sorry I haven't updated this story! I've been busy and I just got the chance to write again a few days ago. I hope everyone understands!
Please vote and comment! :)

- AdmiringReigns