11 | The Change

Mace Windu and Palpatine had fought throughout the room, and they had neared the large window. As both grew tired, they continued to fight back against each other, blocking each other's hits.

As their lightsabers swung, the window shattered. The wind ripped through the room as Palpatine fell back, crawling away from Windu.

Anakin ran inside of the suite, and towards the two.

"You're under arrest, My Lord."
"No, no no - POWER!"

Mace Windu blocked the electricity with his lightsaber, and Anakin's eyes squinted.

"Anakin, help me - I-I-I can't hold on any longer. I'm too weak."

Anakin's mind whirled as he looked back and forth.

As Palpatine stopped, his head had changed. He aged worse; and his eyes were a sickly yellow.

"You can't kill him - he must stand trial!" Anakin yelled.
"He's too dangerous to be kept alive!"
"Please don't kill me, I'm too weak." Palpatine said.

As Mace Windu stood up straight, Palpatine's eyes widened.

As he swung, Anakin hesitated.
"NO!" He yelled, swinging his blue blade through Mace's hand. Mace screamed in pain as he backed up, and Palpatine shouted.

"POWER!" He yelled, electrocuting the Jedi Master. Mace Windu flew from the window, and Anakin stumbled back.

"What have I done?" Anakin cried, sitting down.

Palpatine stood to his feet, and stood before Anakin.

"You're fulfilling your destiny, Anakin."
He panted for air.
"Become my apprentice, learn to use the Dark side."

"I will do whatever you.. Ask." Anakin breathed.
"Good." Palpatine said, sighing as he felt the Force flowing through the man before him.

"Just help me save Rose, I can't live without her."

Anakin fell onto his knees. "I pledge myself to your teachings."
"Good." He repeated.

He sighed as he sensed the Force that flowed strongly through Anakin.

"The Force is strong with you." He growled happily.
"What a powerful Sith you will become."

"Henceforth, you shall be known as; Darth Vader."

"Thank you, my Master."

***

Rose felt an odd disturbance in the Force as she walked towards the Executive building.

She stopped walking as she felt her stomach ache, and looked down when a reflection caught her eye.

A lightsaber hilt lay on the ground, almost shattered.

It was Mace Windu's.

Her heart raced as she followed the weak presence, and she gasped.

Mace lay on the ground, his body limp as his hand was missing.

"Master Windu!" She yelled, running towards him. She grabbed his face, and he opened his eyes.

"Y-You must stop h-him." He choked.
"Master, who?" She asked.
"A-Anakin." He stuttered.

Her heart stopped as she heard that name, and Master Windu's body went still. She could no longer feel his presence.

She stood to her feet, and ran inside of the building.

When she reached Palpatine's suite, it was empty.

She was too late.

***

Anakin had already his quest to become Darth Vader. Him and his army marched up the stairs to the Jedi Temple, where he would kill every Jedi.

On the planet of Utapau, a Clone watched the hologram of Palpatine as he demanded to execute Order 66.

And that's when every Clone turned against Obi-Wan. A shot was fired towards him as he rode the Boga on the wall of the sink hole, and he was knocked, and he began to fall.

As Anakin entered the room where younglings hid, one young boy stood.

"Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?"

Anakin tilted his head before activating the lightsaber, and the children stepped back.

"Padmé!" Rose screamed. Padmé appeared and Rose pulled her out of the apartment and began to run.

"What's going on?" She asked.
"It's Anakin, he's turned to the Dark side." She said. "We have to stop him."

The two stopped as a large explosion caught their attention. The Jedi Temple across from the apartment building exploded, and crumbled to the ground.

Rose heart began to ache.