1: New Partner

"B-but why?" I barely manage to get out of my mouth through the tears. I was just now told my closest friend, and older sister Blake left the white fang. "Why would she leave me behind?" Clinging onto Adam I let out all my tears. I feel Adam petting my long, knee length, black hair, slowly petting my delicate cat ears.

"Shhh Kole calm down, you're safe, you're fine" he comforted me. Drawing in a shaky breath, I slowly nod. Still petting me gently, he begins to speak again. "Hey I've got an idea, you can be my partner."

I look up to see him looking down at me. "But I'm only 14 don't you think I'm to young and weak?"

He shakes his head "no, my little Kole you are very strong" he kisses the top of my head between my cat ears. Then looking into my forest green eyes.

Waving my fluffy black tail happily I smile widely. I nod, and he smiles back. My ears perk up and I begin to sniff the air, Adam looks at me in confusion, about to say something but I cut him off. "Food is ready, come on I'm starving" I practically dragging him to the food area.

Adam gets our food and hands me mine. Since we are having a hard time because of our species, we only have a small amount of food. And that's what we grow, hunt, or steal. Today in is a small piece of bread, with some stolen meat, and sadly a little rotten potatoes. We barely had enough to go around, being as starved as we are, we eat all of it even the rotten stuff.

After food I go to me tent and go through my only belongings. Turning to my small mirror I lift the back of my shirt to look at a scar. That scar had been placed there by humans, I was walking alone in the kingdom when I was about 6, and I asked for food. Long story short the owner of the shop chased me out hit me a few times. Snapping back into reality I put my shirt back in place and crawl into my bed, it's not to comfortable, but it's better than nothing.

Adam is my new partner I think to myself before my eyelids get heavy and I fall asleep.