12

She sighs and slowly approaches the front door, knocking loud enough to be heard. The door swings open and a middle aged woman appears.

"Hello sweetie," Toby's mom says.

"Hi, is Toby home?" she asks. His mom sucks in a breath and shakes her head.

"I'm afraid he ran to the gas station to get some milk but he should be back soon," His mom says. "You can wait in his room if you'd like?"

She nods and walks into the living room, taking off her shoes, and walking down the hallway.

She enters Toby's room, with which she'd only been in once. When they had the sleepover.

It looked basically the same except there were a few snapshots of him and her around his desk. She blushes and picks one up. It's just of her and she's smiling, looking the other direction.

When had he taken this?

Her blush turns to a goofy smile as she looks at the others.

One the first day they hung out together.

Another the day they fought.

She looks through the pictures and her heart rises. She suddenly can't wait for Toby to get back.

As soon as she hears the front door open her plan takes action.

She'll hide in his closet and wait for him to walk in his room. Hopefully his mom doesn't say anything.

She listens to his approaching footsteps and she holds her breath as she hears his door open.

Then she's out of the closet. She runs to Toby and jumps on his back and he loses his balance for a second, before recovering and purposely falling to the bed.

"Hey!" he exclaims, reaching over and ruffling her hair. She grabs his shoulders and pulls him close, hugging him tightly.

"Someone missed me," he laughs.

"I like the pictures you took," she says. He chuckles.

"Oh, those," he says.

"Yes, those. I like them," she says, smiling up at him.

"I'm glad you do, because I actually have something for you," he says.