Chapter 24

Meadow

I LOOSEN MY grip from around Rift's waist as the bike rolls to a stop. He hops off and helps me to slide off. My ass is a little numb from the vibrations of the engine and being on the bike for a few hours.

I stand and rub my hands over my backside, gaining a chuckle from Rift. "Your ass will get used to it eventually. Come here, let me rub that fine ass better for you."

I grin as his hands grope my ass. He groans as his lips fall on mine, nipping at my bottom lip.

My nipples stand to attention, rubbing on the lace of my bra. "Mmm, you taste good, but why am I standing in a field?" I mumble against his lips.

He pulls his lips from mine and grins, releasing my body from his tight grip. "The club owns a lot of land, and they've give us this to build your dream house."

I watch his lips move as he speaks but I'm not sure if I heard him right. "What?"

He smiles, bringing his arms back around me. "I've spoken to some of the boys I have in Edmond's construction and they say we could have it done within three months."

My mouth opens and closes a few times. "What about the cost? My house won't be worth very much, Rift," I tell him.

His brow furrows. "I don't want your money. It's already paid for."

I feel lightheaded and my stomach stirs. "What? How?"

He shakes his head at me. "I paid for it. I have savings. I earn good money and have never had reason to spend it until now, plus I get a discount on the work." He grins and drops kisses over my face.

"Rift, I need to know before we get married and I uproot mine and my girls' lives."

"Our girls," he corrects.

"Right. I need to know that you're not doing anything that will end with you locked up and me alone again."

His loud belly-clutching laugh resonates around me, and he tips his head back. He finally stops laughing when he notices my scowl. "Listen, I won't lie. Some of my work would be frowned upon but I'm really good at what I do. There's no chance I'd ever get locked up for any of the businesses I'm involved in. But I also should tell you that sometimes I have to do shit like protect my brothers or our club, and that could carry jail time, but I'll never be reckless and we have a lot of sway with the law here." He winks and although it terrifies me to think of what those things are that could carry jail time, I can't condemn him for protecting his family. This club is his family. "Beats, I can't tell what you're thinking but I see your lip being chewed by your teeth and I know that means you're thinking, but you will be my wife no matter what. There's no way in hell I'll ever let you go again."

I pull from his hold and cock an eyebrow. "Don't tell me, Rift. I won't be told what to do by any man. I might have to go find me a new man," I joke putting my hands on my hips for effect. The look in his eyes darkens, making me swallow. He clearly doesn't find me funny.

He comes so close to my face, his breath lifts the hair from my cheek. "I will kill any man that goes near you. Don't joke about shit like that. You and my girls belong to me and I belong to you. I waited long enough to claim you and now I have, I'll never let you go."

I feel butterflies take flight in my stomach. Even though what he said is possessive, I like that he is. "You make me sound like a prize you won."

"You are a prize, and I'm the luckiest son of a bitch in the world to win first place."