Chapter 14: Calm Before Storm

SCHOOOL I BLAMEEEE SCHOOOOOOL. BUT I WILL TRY TO END THIS STORY BY THE END OF SUMMER (you know, because the competition name is End of Summer? Aaaaye? Pretty Punny? #PUNTRASH
ON WITH THE STORY WILL BE UPDATING FASTER AS SOON I REGAIN MY PACING OMFG
........................................................................................................

Ayano would have been perfectly fine if she was able to sit next to Sakurai. But thanks to losing Rock Paper Scissors, she had to sit between Yagami and Fujiwara. It doesn't help that her situation with Reiji made her even more flustered than usual.

"Reiji, you retard!" Ayano was thinking in her head. After that, she was forced to go with him to the Valentine's dance that Galaxy Stars was hosting. If she had to count how many times she purposely stepped on Reiji's foot, it was enough that he couldn't walk for a week.

Unfortunately, from what she heard, Reiji could still run in Stride. Of course. No matter how much damage she inflicts on him, he just had to mock her by running perfectly. Even with a broken leg he would still run. Impossible, right?

"Hey, Ayano, can I have a bite of your bento?" Riku whispered. Ayano's bento was a seafood bowl from her mother. But she still wonders about the roe...

"Sure. Take what you want." Riku grabbed the roe immediately with his wooden chopsticks and his face turned into delight because of the deliciousness. The roe was bursting with flavors.

"This taste really good!" Ayano smiled at Riku while he smiled back, before Ayano felt something bumping on her arm. Turning away from Riku, she sees Takeru holding out his bento. Ayano happily took it from Takeru, eating his chicken.

Riku looked at it carefully. Seeing only white eggs and chicken, Riku was creeped out for a bit. It looks.... Healthy. Too healthy.

"Uh, Fujiwara, what is that?"

"Protein meal." He then went on listing down the proteins facts for all of the food thats existing in the entire world, where Riku was getting confused and confused. Ayano just kept eating her bento, until looking towards Riku.

Motioning to the bento, she pointed to her mouth. Riku blushed immediately before picking his chopstick. He remember from her mother, she absolutely adored cutlets. She would eat a lot a day, and often had them for lunches.

"S-Say, ah..." Shaking his chopsticks, Ayano opened her mouth and bit it. It was oozing with flavors. Ayano, with how oblivious she was, she couldn't notice the nosebleeds.

"FUJIWARA AND YAGAMI, BEHAVE!" Heath slapped the hell of those two, as the crows flew away in the sky.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

"And we're finally here!" Kadowaki and Hozumi shouted when they got off of the train station. Stretching to the scorching sun, Ayano just wonders about the next competition. She remembers the school they're battling, but she doesn't remember anything else. Other than the fact....

"We are just waiting for Sakurai I guess..." Sakurai had to go to the bathroom, if Ayano is correct. But it seems for a long time? Ayano walked away from the group sneakily, hiding her presence well. In observing, she needs to hide away from the light.

"You know who she is right?!" Ayano overheard a male voice. It seems familiar... "Nozomi Ayano, or rather, the Fairy of Stride! She's in your school right?" Sakurai was shaking heavily, frightened by the sight of him. Ayano realized who he was.

"Tachibana?" The male who almost revealed her secret to Riku during their "date." But why was he here? And why ask questions about her?

"Ayano, why are you back in Stride?! Don't you even feel remorse to what you did?!" Ayano felt it. The presence of a demon. Like Satan is cursing her to the underworld of hell.

"I do-"

"Then why haven't you visited Ruka!? He woke up few days ago! You mean even if you feel remorse, you won't go to him and say sorry? I guess the rumors are right. You are a bitch." Tachibana left the scene, where Ayano finally noticed the logo behind his shirt.

That was the school they were going to battle.

Sakurai looked at Ayano. Touching her slightly on the shoulder, she felt the shaking. This accident.. Why did it hurt her so much? What is her relationship to this "Ruka"?

"Ayano.....?" Ayano shook her head. Of course she felt remorse. It was her idea to go there after all. But she can't forgive in words. All she can do, is to show her running to him. That she didn't forget Ruka and threw him away.

"Let's go back, Sakurai." Ayano turned around and went back to the group who was waiting. Heath was explaining some things before a mischievous grin appeared.

"Whoever is last is a rotten egg!" Giving himself a larger lead, Heath ran up the hill to the hotel.

"That's not fair!" Riku soon followed with the rest of the males struggling to reach them. Ayano merely chuckled before running again. She passed Kadowaki with ease, struggled with Hozumi with his par parkouring skills, finally reaching Yagami and Fujiwara.

"You know, it would be sad if I beated you guys...." Ayano smiled. She was finally enjoying Stride now. If she could show Tachibana and Ruka... Right then, she felt time stopped and cracked. She almost faltered in her step.

"What just happened?" Ayano was thinking in her head. The last time she felt this...

"That's not happening, Aya!" Yagami sped up, leaving Ayano and Fujiwara in the dust. Giving a nod to Ayano, Fujiwara then ran ahead.

Remembering about Tachibana's team, she then remember Tachibana's ability. Where only she can defeat him at equal par. In order to win to battle against Reiji's team, the biggest obstacle would be Tachibana.

"Let's battle, Tachibana, I'll make sure to kick your ass."

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Contact Me Through:

Kik: Lacplace

Line: Lacplace

Soon this will be UPDATED once I'm done with moving my classes around. > 2 <