Chapter Thirteen

Arabella and Tyler settled into a routine the next week. He walked her to her classes again in school, still carrying her books. He also insisted on driving her to ballet every day. At first she didn’t want him to because she didn’t like taking favors from people. When he said it was just because he wanted to spend more time with her, however, she couldn’t refuse.

Tyler would always drop her off at the beginning of practice and then come back when she was done to play while she practiced for her audition. He didn’t mind playing things again and again because he said he enjoyed watching her dance.

Thursday night she was taking off her shoes while he put away his cello. “Do you usually have a pre-audition routine?” he asked.

“I usually just relax and watch some TV on the couch the day before to settle myself down.” 

“Oh, OK” he said, a little down.

“You’re welcome to join me” she added. His face showed his excitement as he nodded eagerly.

When they were back in the apartment, he flopped onto her bed. Her dad had texted her saying he was going to be home late so they didn’t have to worry about any awkward moments.

“Do you want any food?” she asked, trying to be polite

“I ate while you were at practice” he said, stretching He had immediately made himself right at home. She couldn’t believe how completely comfortable he looked, like it was no big deal that he was on her bed. It made her a little jittery, though. 

' She took out her laptop and set it up on the bed to play Tarzan. She set it in the middle of the bed by her feet so she could sit up against the headrest and watch it comfortably.

Tyler was completely spread out next to her taking up a ton of space. She laughed at him and started to relax. She felt a knot in her shoulder and reached over with her other hand to work it out.

“Do you want a massage darlin‘?”

“That sounds wonderful” she responded. He lifted her up and placed her so she was sitting in front of him facing away between his legs. He started digging his thumbs into the knots in her back, putting exactly the right amount of pressure in exactly the right spots. She could feel the tension melting away.

“That feels fantastic” she said honestly, leaning back into him. He took her hair and gently swept it all to one side so he could work on her neck. She wasn’t paying any attention to the movie anymore, just his hands on her skin.

Tyler worked his way down her neck until he was massaging her shoulders again. he leaned in and brushed his lips across the spot where her neck met her shoulder, testing her reaction. When she didn’t object he continued, tracing a feather light trail of kisses up to her jaw line

Wanting more, she turned around so she was facing him, placing one knee on either side of him so she could reach him. Taking his face in her hands, she kissed him. Unlike their first kiss, which was all emotion, this one was passion. Their lips moved in sync as he lightly ran his fingers up and down her sides.

His tongue gently pressed against her lip and she let him in eagerly. When she was kissing Tyler, Arabella didn’t feel shy. She left behind all of her insecurities and simply enjoyed herself. Everything about being with him felt right.

They had to come up for air eventually, and when they did Arabella looked him straight in the eye. She didn’t look away or blush. She didn’t even move from the position she was in. Taking advantage of their closeness, she took her hand and lightly ran it across his face, memorizing every inch.