Part 4

My feet pounded against the soft dirt, it flung out behind my back legs as I sprinted down the trail. Trees passed my view to quickly for me to give them definite shape.

"Mate. Mate is close Alice."

I stopped in my tracks and slowly backed up. No. No. No. I don't want to meet him yet. I flung myself around and sprinted back to the pack house. Amber whimpered at the lost mental connection to our mate.

"I'm sorry Amber. Not today." I said as gently as I could.

"Mate. I want our mate Alice." She whimpered. I shook my head and blocked her out as I ran.

I couldn't have a mate yet. My wolf was ready, but I most certainly was not. As I reached the edge of the forrest near the pack house I quickly shifted back and got dressed. Running to the pack house I saw my parents escalade in the drive way. Shit.

My parents had good intentions, they wanted me to be safe, happy and most importantly mated. They didn't show up unannounced very often anymore, since my dads promotion to head warrior and beta to the Alpha Kings, Jax and Jason, they both have been very busy.

Alpha Jax and Jason were ruthless Alpha kings from what I heard from the public. It was said that since they were mateless, at the moment, their wolves seemed to take charge most of the time.  My father though only talked highly of them. He said that they were strong, and could be ruthless but preferred to not be.

It wasn't uncommon for twins to be Alpha's. Having twin Wolves was rare and usually meant a bloodline of extreme power.

I hurriedly made my way to the front door, quickly checking behind me to make sure I didn't have any unwanted followers. The sun had almost completely disappeared over the tree line behind the pack house so it was most likely around 4:30pm. Four and a half hours remaining before Molly and Dean showed up.

I pressed open the door and stepped inside. Smells of sugar cookies, pie, and  bleach washed over me. Mom was definitely home, and making a ruckus cleaning and cooking.

My mom was the most typical stay at home mom you could think of. She wasn't ashamed of it either, she loved cooking, cleaning and being my mom. I grew up to be more friends with her, then an actual mother daughter relationship.

"Hey mom!" I called out. I heard a light thumping of feet from the hallway to the kitchen on my left. She threw her arms around me once she saw me in the door way.

"Hi baby girl! How are you feeling? Are you hungry? Where were you? Did you have your protectors with you? How is Amber?" She rambled on with her questions while I laughed.

"I'm good momma. I ate not to long ago, so I'm not hungry. I was running with Amber and mom I haven't had a protector in five years." I laughed.

"Alice. Mate. I want our mate."  Alice said becoming frustrated.

"No Amber. I don't want a mate yet. Listen, we can talk about this later. Mom and dad are here. Please don't cause a scene." I begged her, she disappeared behind her wall as a response.

"Alice, darling!" I turned when I heard my fathers deep voice coming from the balcony above me.

"Daddy!" I yelled. He chuckled and made his way down the stairs. I ran and hugged him once he was completely down.

"How are you doing darling? How is school?" He said pulling back from our hug slightly.

"School is good. I'm taking Psychology, wolf medicine, and English right now. Next semester I'm going to focus more on wolf medicine and look into the hospital here at the pack house." I said taking a step back. He smiled and nodded.

He loved the thought of me being a wolf doctor. There weren't very many left, many wolves would rather be warriors or magic healers then actual doctors. Healers used the magical realm to cure people, but are unable to carry out tasks like childbirth, or mental illnesses.

"That's great honey! Oh I am so proud of you! Are you hungry I made dinner! You're probably starving, you were out with Amber weren't you? Come come Alice! Let's get some food." My mom rambled. I chuckled then looked at my dad who was laughing and shaking his head as well.

"Ok mom. But I only have like an hour. I need to start a paper and get ready to go out with Molly and Dean tonight." I said. I saw her nod yes, as she scooped me a bowl of homemade mac n cheese.

As much as they drove me crazy, I did love when they were home. Especially for dinner.