Chapter: 3

Mariel's P.O.V

I jumped in the shower and started washing my brown curls with my favorite coconut shampoo when I hear my phone ringing. I peek out the shower curtain and see Roxana's number ID on my phone.

Me:"Didn't I tell her I had to go." I jump out of the shower grab my phone and jump back in so I don't wet the floor and cause my mother a heart attack.

Me:Hello

Roxana:Watcha doing

Me:I'm taking a shower

Roxana:so you're telling me I'm talking to u while you're naked...

Me:yep

Roxana:well this is awkward

Mom:Mariel!!!!! Who are u talking too!!!!

Me:"nobody!!!" I shout out at my mother

Mom:wats taking u so long, hurry up!!!!

Me:"ughhh I really have to... owwwww owwww owwww." I scream out when some shampoo slipped in my eye.

Roxana:what?! OMG are you ok.

I wash my eyes with my free hand holding my phone with the other.

Me:yeah I'm fine, but I really have to go now luv Chu bye bye.

Roxana:OK.

I hang up the phone and drop it on my pile of clothe on the floor and wash up as fast as I can before my mother rips my head off. I get out of the shower and I put on some black shorts a long sleeve grey shirt with the number 99 on it and a pair of black converse living my brown curls lose putting on a black and white hat and I head down stairs. My mom was in the kitchen making muffins.

Mom:finally it took you fore ever

Me:"I just had an accident involving coconuts and soap." I said while shoving a muffin in my mouth.

Mom:coconuts?

Me:it's a long story

Mom:Ok... let's go

I grab another muffin and head out the door with my mother, mentally preparing myself to "shop" with my mother.