Chapter 2 - The Interview from Hell

Ok guys, so just bare with me here. I know it can be a little boring, but by the next chapter there will be some...interesting....details. :) 

-JcLynn

Just Business

Chapter 2

            I sat dumbfounded for a moment. His face was exactly how I imagined it would be. My eyes gazed at his mouth as he spoke the words, two soft pink limps moved and settled into a natural pout. His strong jaw moved as he clenched his teeth, waiting for my response.

“I’m sorry. I have an appointment with Ms. Cassidy Beckett.” I said politely, showing him the paper I just ripped out of my briefcase. He icy eyes, mint green, quickly scanned the paper and handed it back to me.

“You have an appointment with Cassidy Beckett.” He stated and I nodded, tucking the paper away. He almost stood taller than he had and stated, “I am Cassidy Beckett.”

Those four words were probably the most embarrassing I have ever heard in my entire life. Before I could respond, or at least apologize, he was walking away towards the glass doors. Oh shit, I fucked it up. Damn it!

“Well are you coming or not?” He said before opening the seemly invisible doors leading to the beehive of an office behind them. I jumped as he walked through, leaving me alone in the lobby. The receptionist sent me a sympathetic look that just read “Better luck next time” as I ran to catch up.  He was only a few yards away and I shuffled, my heels muted by the carpet beneath them, to catch up.

“Falcon Corporation was started by my father, Cassidy Beckett Senior, back in 1993. Since then we have quadrupled our sales and stock, making us the leading Eco friendly power generators in the world. We currently have multiple divisions, including power, gas and electronic devices.” Cassidy looked back to see if I was listening and I smiled softly, giving him the go ahead to continue.

“Our main office is here, in New York, while we have several throughout the United States, our second largest office is located in Beijing.” We passed by numerous cubicles on the walk through of the office. Most people were typing or on the phone, arguing with someone. They all seemed…happy and relaxed; I saw more than one smile as I passed. It would be nice to work somewhere that would make me smile.

I was distracted by thoughts of attending coworkers baby showers and having happy hour together, that I didn’t notice when Cassidy stopped, causing me to almost bump into him. He gave me a stern look and opened a large door, sliding in before holding it open for me.

“Your job is to be everything I need; errand girl, secretary, host, cook, etc. I need someone who has no obligations. No children, no schooling and no boyfriend.” He said, sitting behind his colossal oak desk. His body rippled as he sat and I took a deep breath, trying to center my thoughts on the interview and not his naked torso.

“No boyfriend?” I asked, setting down my briefcase and crossing my legs. I caught a flash of his eyes, watching my calves, before he met my own again.

“No. I don’t need an over emotional dumb blonde who is too distracted with her love life to focus on the job. You are entirely mine, if you are offered the position.” He shuffled some papers and brought out my resume, which had numerous pen marks all over it. I gripped the arms of my chair and bit my tongue. I had thick skin, and overlooked the comment as he began to speak again. Something told me if I got the job, I would be doing this a lot.

“Lenora Strong.” He read carefully. I didn’t like the way my name rolled off his tongue, like he was caressing it…no fucking it.

“Nora.”