Chapter 3: Learn a Lesson

Kaneki's POV

I tightly held Y/N's hand as we walked through the city. Her h/c hair dropped over her eyes as she blushed in embarrassment. I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and turned to her. "Where do you live?"

"Eh?!" She exclaimed, her head shooting upward.

I gave her a questioning look. "Remember what I said the other day? You have to pack up your things and head out. You don't want that little stalker of a ghoul getting to you, do we?"

Still blushing, she ducked her head back to the ground. "I-I-I-"

"Hm? You what?" I asked the stuttery girl.

"I can't just leave my home because you want me to!" She finally shouted. "And why are you the one making all the decisions? And now I'm suddenly your girlfriend? Why don't I get a say-?!"

I quickly shut her up by pressing my lips to hers. I laid my hands on her waist and pulled her in close. A minute or two passed before I finally pulled away.

"You'll get it eventually." I stated after a small pause of silence. "If you don't want to leave your home so much," I threw my hand in hers and we began to walk, "I'll just have to live with you."

Y/N's POV

Kaneki, m-my boyfriend?! This all happened to fast! My head is spinning! Yes I did have a crush on him when we went to school together, but I don't know this new Kaneki!
My pulse sped up as my heart raced. The warmth of his hand covered my own, I didn't want to remove it. But I pulled it back. "You can't just m-move in with me!" I cried as he tugged on my arm and walked me forward. "How would you protect me anyway? He could could just eat you too, after all. Your only human, Kaneki!" He gave me the look of death as he aggressively pulled me into an empty abandoned alley way.

He shoved me against the wall and pinned my hands against it. My life flashed before my eyes as suddenly one of his eyes turned into a ghoul eye. The red veins stretched across his face as his other eye remained normal. He gently whispered to me. "Don't scream. I promise, I won't hurt you."

I held back my scream and looked into his cold black eye, but what I saw was not a killer. I knew he didn't want to hurt me. "You're a ghoul, Kaneki?"

He remained silent as his snow white hair hung over his other eye.

I took a deep breath. "It makes sense...I guess... So this is how you'll protect me? How you did protect me that night?"

He nodded. "But I won't be able to protect you if I don't eat." He paused. "Do you know the only thing ghouls can eat?"

I gulped slightly, afraid to answer the handsome man I had no longer knew. But finally I replied. "Flesh."

"The only way I'll be strong enough to fight is if I eat. So make sure you stay clear of me when I'm hungry. A ghouls hunger can be utter hell for them, sometimes we get so desperate we eat whatever flesh we can find."

My body started to shake in fear. "H-How long has it been since you've last eaten?"

The scowl planted on his lips remained as his soft voice spoke. "A month or two. I'm starving."

My e/c stared into is own. I was frightened, but something told me not to run.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Or at least I'm trying not to hurt you." His hand moved to where my attacker had taken a chunk from my shoulder. He ran his fingers back and forth against my scar. "What a foul sight. He deserves to die for what he did to you." He looked pain. His sad eyes pulled at my heart strings.

Being the kind person I am I didn't think to stop myself before saying, "Y-You... You can eat my flesh!" I was surprised by my own words just as he was. But without hesitation, he bit into my right shoulder.

I held in my scream of pain as he dug into me. My blood ran down my shoulder and back. After a couple seconds he stopped eating and lifted his head up.
He looked in my eyes as he licked the my blood from his lips. "That's all I need. But let this be a lesson to you, your not safe around me when I'm hungry. You should consider yourself lucky," He leaned in close and whispered quietly and seductivly in my ear., "If you didn't remind me of Hide I would have let that ghoul have his fun."