"There are people to save."

The piano was slightly out of tune. Dan supposed he shouldn't complain; it wasn't that bad and it looked like this room hadn't been used in ages anyway. It probably hadn't, considering he never once heard tell of being able to take a music class. The only time it was mentioned was when Jenna showed him around his very day. He was surprised he even found it again.

The piano's tone had gone flat. It was normal for the strings to loosen over time even if it was practiced on regularly. He told himself not to care, but the sound did hurt Dan's ears a bit while he played Canon in D. His piano teacher always told him he had perfect pitch and now he really believed her. But on he played anyway. Dan missed music and this piano looked a little sad, having been covered in dust. Besides, just sitting and mindlessly switching in between piano tunes was a good way to get his thoughts in order.

Tomorrow was the day. At least, most likely. Louise informed them all on the top tier that the Prime Minister's office had gotten back to her, as she had been contacting them under the guise of a software developer coming in to fortify their computers. All they were waiting for now were the forged documents of Marcus and Zoe's pretend identities. Transportation was ready to go (they decided pretty quickly the bus would be too weird), maps of the labs were downloaded, and comm devices were set up. They even had the combat suits.

The suits. They really excited Dan. Everyone on the team had one now, even Dodie. And Dan's fit properly; he had tried it on a second time after the sprinkler incident. Not only was that the first time Dan had got to use his powers uninhabited, but Phil as well. And it was a sight to behold.

Once Dan had dried himself off and put his jeans and t-shirt back on, it was Phil's turn to go into the gym. He stood in the center like Dan had while the latter leaned on a window beside PJ, watching. "Right, Phil, so you're going to do just what Dan did. Except keep it a little more under control," PJ said into the microphone.

Phil gave them thumbs up. His suit fit almost perfectly and didn't cover half his hand. "Okay!"

"For the record, I was completely in control," Dan added indignantly.

"Just not listening," Louise grumbled.

Dan shrugged and then shifted his focus back into the sunken gym, looking down at Phil. He seemed to do exactly what Dan did; close his eyes and breathe. Phil turned his palms up, and fog started to roll off of his hands and spill out towards the floor. Soon, the cement around Phil's feet started to ice over, probably helped by the water left over from the sprinklers.

"Temperature dropping," PJ said, his eyes darting from his tablet to the gym.

Then almost everything started to coat over with frost. Dan and PJ eventually had to wipe away the fogged up windows with their sleeves, and what they saw inside made Dan nearly stop breathing. Phil looked amazing. He stood in the center of the room completely in awe, looking around at what he was capable of doing. He was obviously in his element and was really excited about it, just like Dan had been. He walked over to a wall and touched it with his fingers. A ribbon of ice spread out from the tips.

"How does the fabric feel, Phil?" Louise prompted.

"Great. It hasn't reacted at all to the cold," he replied, dragging his fingers across the wall and leaving a trail of more ice ribbons. Dan was really glad he got to witness Phil let loose like this. It was like seeing something very intimate. He knew Phil, better than anyone at this point, but there was a difference when they were allowed to be who they are. Dan wished he could see this Phil a little more often.

He felt like it was over too quickly. "Alright, Phil, warm up a bit. You're approaching dangerously cold temperatures. Well, dangerous for your surroundings," PJ said. Phil pouted for a moment and nodded anyway. PJ and Louise deliberated while they waited, and soon Phil appeared around the corner with the combat suit over his arm.