What the... Batman?!?!

"And now the moment you have all been waiting for! The only people to ever perform a quadruple flip, these daring acrobats perform their fantastical death defying feats without the use of a safety net! May I proudly present the Flying Graysons!" The crowd roared with excitement. This was what they had come for.

The Graysons stood proudly on the trapeze platform, Mary and John with their hands placed on their young son's shoulders. They waved to the crowd and John Grayson swung out onto the trapeze. He twisted and turned, flipping gracefully from bar to bar, his years of experience on the trapeze making everything seem fantastically easy to the audience below.

Then Mary Grayson joined him on the trapeze. Their bodies moved in flawless harmony. The perfect couple. Never before or since was there such enraptured silence from the audience. It was real freedom, the thrill of flight, swinging airborne across a deadly chasm. It was perfect.

Or it would have been if the wires holding up the trapeze did not choose that exact moment to snap, sending both Mary and John Grayson speeding to their deaths.

A shrill scream pierced the air as their bodies hit the ground with a sickening crunch.

Dick lurched back into consciousness. His head swam with the effects of his last dosage of fear toxin. Why? Why did they have to die? Why was he forced to relive his parents death over and over again? Why couldn't he have died along side them?

Unfortunately for Dick, there was no answer to those questions.

"Oi! Kid!" Scarecrow kicked Dick in the side. Dick raised his head, his already broken ribs screaming in protest to even the slightest movement. Scarecrow knelt down to Dick's eye level and grabbed his chin roughly with his hand. "How did that feel? I upped the dosage to ten times your body weight. It's a surprise that you are even alive."

Dick flinched away from his touch, trying to shrink into the wall he was chained to. He hated being touched. As a matter of fact, he did not like people in general. The only people he could remember ever being nice to him were his parents, and they were gone.

"Don't feel like talking? Well that's just too bad." Scarecrow slapped Dick across the face, causing his head to whip backwards and slam into the hard stone wall. The boy could practically feel the bruise forming.

Why couldn't the villain just leave him alone for once? Just leave him alone and forget about him. Let him die.

The man stood up and stepped back. Good. Dick thought, he is going to go away now.

Unfortunately for Dick, that did not happen.

"I know you are there Batman!" shouted Scarecrow, "I can smell you filthy bat stench from miles away. You should really consider some deodorant."

A large black shape fell out of the roof. Or at least that's what it looked like. He was probably hiding in a vent or something. "Crane." Batman really sounded like he had a cold. "Let the boy go."

"Now why would I do that?" Scarecrow pulled out a canister of fear gas.

Batman growled ominously. "Because if you don't, I will personally come over there and beat you to a bloody pulp, and then, when I have broken every bone in you body, I will send you back to Arkam."

"Weren't you going to do that anyway?" Scarecrow gulped, suddenly slightly less confident.

"No, I was just going to beat you up and send you back to Arkam. Now though, we can have more fun." Batman pulled out a batarang and went into battle mode, attacking the villain with so much ferocity that Scarecrow actually forgot to protect himself until it was too late.

Dick stared at the bloody mess that was his former tormentor. His mind just couldn't comprehend what had just happened. One minute both men were taunting each other, and the next one was unconscious and bleeding on the floor.

His contemplation was cut short when Batman advanced towards him. Fear and exhaustion clouded the boy's mind, making him see a dark looming shape hovering scarily over his small frame. He cowered in fear, pressing his body against the wall as if that would help him escape.

Batman frowned. Why did the boy still look afraid? Did he not know who Batman was? That wouldn't make sense. Everyone knew who he was. However, the more Batman thought about it, the more that made sense. Really, he was quite scary, especially if you did not know who he was.

Ignoring the boy's feeble struggles, Batman freed him from his chains and picked him up, surprised by how light he was. Batman reached for his communicator and called the police, telling them to come pickup the unconscious Scarecrow.

"Batman," police commissioner Jim Gordon asked, "Why aren't you going to bring him in?"

Batman looked down at the now unconscious boy in his arms. "I have somewhere else I have to be." He switched off his communicator and made his way over to the batmobile that was parked outside of the warehouse. This boy needed to go to the hospital, and for some reason, Batman felt like he had to make sure he got there safely.

A/N: Well... I wrote a chapter. Now we just have to see if anyone wants to write the next one.
~Sky_Warrior01

I will but im busy right now.

At lunch ill come. -UT