Lords and Slaves

''i want to go to London '' Liza announced to Eliot who did not show any reaction . 

''Did he visit you ?'' 

''no''

Eliot was not convinced 

''no ''

''i say no''

''you will have to believe what i say ''

''otherwise i would not work for you ''

Eliot saw her leaving , she was really upset .And yes she was upset after Nathan's visit . few months were passed and Eliot did not show any sign of moving . Liza gave up , she was searching for a CD one day when Eliot opened her lunch box , 

''mmmm corn tortillas ''

''Eliot , put them back ,please ''

But Eliot start eating them instead . 

''Eliot'' Liza put her arm around his neck , tried to strangle him . He choked and laughed , he pushed her and shoe lost her balance , she fell into his lap and this is when Nathan chose to show up again in the office . Liza almost fainted with embarrassment she tried to stand up but Eliot wrapped his arms around her waist .

''Can i help you sir ?''Eliot asked , Nathan was standing in the door . 

''When are you coming to London ?'' Liza was looking here and there , puzzled and confused .

''i will come to London '' Eliot made a shocking announcement .

''you will '' Liza and Nathan both uttered same words at same time .

'' awwh my darling Liza ! why is that so astonishing for you ? i can do anything for you ''

Liza was looking straight in his eyes . He did not seemed so serious . 

''i will go to London if Liza will chose to kiss me ''Eliot showed his cheek to her .

''what ?'' Liza was shocked 

''come on Liza , don't make your CEO wait , he is a very busy man '' Eliot insisted 

''ummm ''Liza was confused , Nathan was just still and silent . 

Liza just kissed Eliot on his cheek .

'' i need three rooms for me , one for Mrs. Doris my house keeper , one for Liza my friend and one for me ''

''you will get six '' Nathan just bolted out .

Eliot let Liza go , she stood up and slapped him on the same cheek hard .

''aahhooow lady ''

''you will never do that to me again , it was your last mistake '' Liza raised a finger in his face . Eliot was smiling , it was smile of a devil . 

''He is crazy about you '' 

'what ''

They were driving towards London that weekend . Eliot was happy as cricket ,he was joking ,laughing and having fun .Liza was silent and sacred , she did not what was coming .

''you have two rooms Miss Liza '' some old lady told her at Nathan's place .

''Two ? why '' Then she recalled Eliot's stupid demand .

''Mr Nathan advised so ''old lady replied .

it was a gigantic mansion house , with a pool at its rear , it had a gym , a cinema and even a ball room but it was not modern , it was very old like two or three hundreds years old . It looked like Eliot's family lived there since centuries and there were many portraits hanging on the walls . Liza was amazed by the grandeur and splendor of the house .

''Mrs. Doris , how long you have been working for Eliot ?''

''Six years sir '' Mrs. Doris was making Eliot's coffee when Nathan showed up and asked her a simple question . 

''How long he has been dating Miss Liza ?''

''Sir they don't date''

Nathan looked at her but did not utter anything .

''As much as i know they....''

''Since how long they are friends ?''

''long before i started working for Mr. Eliot ''

Nathan noticed they were sharing separate rooms he noticed Liza in her room most of the time while Eliot roam around in streets of London .He was unable to understand the relation . It was a very common rumor in Eliot's office that Liza was his girlfriend .Nathan believed it , David believed it ,David's wife Lara believed it . Now Nathan was not sure what to believe . He recalled Liza denying it . But he thought she is trying to lie before a CEO .

Liza was wandering around like it was museum , she did not left the house since she came in . She was standing before a wall hanging of a man . When she saw Nathan for the first time in the house .

He was smiling at her .

''He is my great grandfather ''

''Sir Colin Campbell ?''

''Yes , he served British Army '' He was standing behind her , there were almost two inches between them ,she was scared to move , scared that she would touch him . He leaned forward , she could smell his after-shave , it was intoxicating . 

''look it is written there , he was a Field Marshall ''he pointed his finger , she stopped breathing .

''There was a city named after him in South Asian , its name was Campbell pur''

''why they changed it ?''

''After they got freedom from English lords they thought it was humiliating for them , it used to remind people the people the days of slavery ''

''Slavery ?'' Liza smiled grimly

''Slavery isn't that bad once you get habitual to it '', '' but flashbacks are bad ''  

Nathan got a little uncomfortable , his expression changed but he came back to his normal self .

''Come here , i will show you the house '' he stepped back and asked her to follow her . 

he is a good host she thought to herself or may be he is just being nice to his brother's girlfriend ?She thought to herself .He showed her all the orchards and gardens . The best thing was engravings on walls  and its horticulture which was hundreds of years old . She loved the angel shaped fountain , it was a small but beautiful orchard .

'' you really like this one , dont you ?''

''umm yes '',''how you know ?''she turned back to him . His eyes were fixed over her .

''i saw you here many times '' she turned back , to avoid his gaze . so he noticed her around .

''i need to go now '' 

''wait Liza ''

'' what ''

'' Are you Eliot's girlfriend ?''

''no''

''then be mine ''

''what ?  ......no ''

''why ?''

''you know its Eliot , he hates you , i can't ''

'' Eliot does not hate me , it .......its complicated , do you hate me ?''

'i am close to Eliot , i can't hurt him ''

''i will give you bigger house , better life ''

''Look i know you are rich since five six generations ,  a grandson of some Knight , you always had power , you were born a lord but there are weak people too , who have none to turn to and no money but still they manage to live a normal and decent life . ''

''Liza i did not mean to upset you '' he tried to hold her elbow 

'' and stop touching me without my consent '' she ran away .