1

Chapter One
Advoiding

(Shikamaru's mask look like ---> but a zipper where the mouth is!)

Shikamaru lazily looked up at the sky watching the white fluffy clouds pass by, making him sight quietly to himself. The clouds were lucky, they were always free; free of everything, feelings, talking, explaining, hell they didn't even need friends.

How troublesome it is to be human, he thought pulling himself into a sitting position as he dug in his pocket, and looked around; he found it was safe to have one.

Pulling one out he stuck it in his mouth and lit it, taking a deep drag. The burning that went down his throat made his muscles relax. Falling on to his back again he let the smoke out, watching it dissipate into the air.

He knew smoking was a bad habit but sometimes someone starts it because another person does it. Shikamaru groaned and shook his head, that thought didn't even make sense to him and he was the one that thought it.

Bring up the burning stick of death to his mouth, he took another deep drag. Shikamaru had become assumed to the burning in his throat, even to the point he could say he liked it. Yet he couldn't say he had a good reason to ever start this bad habit, his mom would kill him if she found out. So you would think he would quit while he was ahead and yet he didn't, maybe he was a masochist.

How else could he explain loving some who was in love someone else? That said someone else was one, a woman, so she had Shikamaru beat there, second she was his age, and Shikamaru was only 15 which would make this person 30, 15 years older than Shikamaru himself. Not only that this said person was his Sensei and somehow or another Shikamaru had developed feels for him and this annoyed him to no end.

Shaking his head, he once again pulled himself up, his arm automatically bring the cigarette towards his mouth so he could take a drag. Shikamaru closed his eyes enjoying the burn in his throat before he let it out.

"You know smoking is a bad habit." A deep voice said behind Shikamaru making him tense up.

'What a drag.' Shikamaru thought.

Shikamaru sighed and took another drag not bothering to turn around "Says the one that's been smoking for ten years or more."

Asuma gave a small laugh and sat down by his old student. It didnt get past Asuma that Shikamaru had tense up when he made his presences known. It concerned Asuma that Shikamaru wasn't as relaxed has he usually is around him, now that he thought about it, he would say that Shikamaru had been avoiding him. But why, he hadn't done anything wrong...at least not that he knows of.

"When did you start?" Asuma asked taking out one of his own cigarettes and lighting it.

Shikamaru cocked his head thinking about it "Two weeks before Naruto left to find the fifth Hokage."

Asuma chocked on the smoke he was blowing out, Shikamaru lazily smirked at his sensei "What you're surprised?"

"You were only a Genin! Also only twelve, why in the world would you even start?" Asuma asked looking at Shikamaru disapprovingly.

Shikamaru laughed and shook his head as he got up stomping his cigarette "Why would anyone ever start?" With that he turned to leave.

Asuma watched Shikamaru turn around to leave, as he remembered what he came to ask him "Hey Shikamaru, Choji Ino and I were going to go to BBQ, wanna come?"

Shikamaru stopped, did he really want to sit through a couple hours of seeing the one he was in love with and not being able to touch him? No, he thought. He was done being a masochist, no need to smash what was left of his heart.