5

Chapter Five
On looking

Asuma looked down at the clearing that was mostly covered in Shadows, and of course in the middle was Shikamaru smoking. He was giving a smirk at the three Genin that were huddled in front of him.

"Dude they don't have a chance in hell at beating a Nara." Yumi Tsukino scoffed his yellow eyes held amusement, he was the youngest on this team and yet he had the most sick and twisted humor.

"Hey that's mean! If they work together I'm sure they get at least one." Yamada Richiryko snapped glaring at the black haired boy. She was the oldest and she showed it well, the other two called her bossy.

"He won't send them back will he?" Yui Yamato asked Asuma, the green haired boy had fear in his deep green eyes.

Asuma chuckled "No, technically they already passed." He turned to his three Genin "So you figured out the team work, have you figured out the other parts of the test?"

Richiryko frowned her pink eyes filling with confusion. Ok so it wasn't only about team work? Then what was it about? "I must be missing something." She mumbled out.

Tsukino scoffed "Skills and intelligence, because there is no getting around those shadows unless one of them comes up with a simple yet complex plan. If not they're fucked."

Yamato smaked the back of his head "Language. And no they arent, there's plenty of ways this could go down. One of them being the Nara gives up, probably because he gets bored. If I remember right Nara's are known to be lazy."

Asuma laughed shaking his head "That would Shikamaru for you, but he can be stubborn when he wants, trust me."

Tsukino giggled "Oh and how would you know that?"

"Because Shikamaru was on my team of Genin, he was the only one on my team who passed the Chunin exams frist time..." Asuma gave a another small laugh "and he gave up, after he caught Temari in his shadow. And unfortunately for me I'll be living with him for the next year."

His three Genin gasped "Wait you mean he went yup agenst Temari-san, and almost beat her?" Richiryko squeaked.

Asuma chuckled, taking a drag "Yup."

"Why is living with him so bad?" Yamato asked confused.

Asuma shook his head. Taking another drag of his cigarette, "Adult stuff."

"Riiight." Yamato said sending his sensei an amused smirked. He didn't miss the longing in his look when he looked at Shikamaru, it was plain as day in his eyes.

"Dude that's awesome! I want to see him go up against the Kazekage!" Tsukino yelled, only to be shhhed by his team meants.

Richiryko looked down at her unfortunate friends, she was happy that she didn't get the Nara as a sensei, not only did he seem lazy but he seemed to enjoy making people think, she hated thinking it made her brain hurt. Like right now he was giving a lazy smirk as he took a drag, it looked like Maki and them had come up with a plan. Shiari laughed and pointed at Shikamaru "This will be a piece of cake!" And with that she charged towards him, the other two shared a look and make their way behind their sensei.

__
__

Maki smile at Kyto who nodded at her, Shiari was busy distracting Shikamaru sensei, but Maki knew that wouldn't have to be the only distraction. So she purposely jumped up onto the poll behind him, without hesitation she started to bombard him with kunai. It was all up to Kyto to get the flag, while Shiari and her were being distractions, Kyto was being sent in.