6

Chapter Six
Sparks Flying

Shikamaru lazily smirked at the shock on Shiari's face before her shoulders slumped "But I'm not old enough to buy cigarettes."

Shikamaru shrugged lazily "Then give me the money."

Maki gave him a bewild look "But sensei you're not old enough to buy them either."

Shikamaru gave her a deadpan look "Yeah I am, actually. Jeez how old do you think I am?"

Kyto coughed cutting get off Maki's response "He just turned 16, so by Sana laws he is old enough to buy cigarettes."

Maki glared "Why are you helping him kill himself slowly?"

Kyto shrugged "Why stop him? There's no logic in that."

Shikamaru sighed as he watched the two bicker back and forth, what a drag. "So what now?" Shiari asked shyly.

Now that Shiari had a better look at her sensei, she found out that he was very attractive. She could feel her face flush as his bored gaze landed on her, Ahh come on why did she out of all people have to have a crush on him?

Shikamaru saw the look of pure panic pass over her face, then she blushed, sighing to himself as he shook his head...and so the cycle begins again. "Go home and rest for the day, meet back here around 11 and we'll start training." Shikamaru said dismissing them as he walked away.

__
__

Kyto smiled and took off, he had to tell the Kazekage how Shikamaru sensei did! It also didn't get passed him that they were being watched by someone, or someones.

He ran through the dry streets of the sand dodging villagers as he went, he got to the Kazekage's office not bothering to knock, "Gaara-kun! You won't believe what Shikamaru sensei came up with!" Kyto boasted as he caught his breath. It was fun seeing Shikamaru again, and Kyto was glad to be a part of his team...although his team mates don't know about his Kekkei genkai yet.

Gaara looked up at the beaming boy in front of him, Kyto was an orphan that had lost his parents to Sasori of the red sand and for some reason Gaara had come attached to him, even more so after the Chunin exams. Gaara chuckled "Oh? Tell me how it went." He said pointing to the chair in front of his desk.

Kyto smiled at Gaara as he sat down, and started his story. "Ok so Maki was the one that figured out what clan he came from, and it's the Nara clan--hello duh knew that already!-- anyway, I read that they are very powerful but so lazy it's funny, I also remember how Shikamaru had given up agents Temari! So anyway Shikamaru sensei was sitting in the middle of the training grounds with a bunch of polls sticking out making most of the training grounds covered in Shadows, it was so cool!"

Kyto took a deep breath before continuing, "And then he told us that we had to get one of the white flags if we didn't then one of us would be tied up and sent back to the academy- can he do that?"

He asked but not letting Gaara get a word in, "then he said start and he just sat there looking bored! I was so confused I was thinking he was going to get into a fighting stance or something! So anyway Shiari- she's really loud by the way- just ran towards him without thinking! It was insanity! And then one of the shadows from on of the polls came out of nowhere and hit her in the side making sail through the air and crash into one of the sand dooms! It was epic! And then he looked back Maki and I and boredly told us "I said start." Oh my Kami it was so cool! But then it hit noon-"

He took a deep breath again "and he made me tie myself up because he was to lazy! I wanted to laugh but I didnt because that would have been rude, and then Maki figured out that it wasn't just about testing our individual strengths and intelligence but team work! Like can you believe it? That's what I was trying to get them to do the first time! So anyway then they asked for another chance so he untied me and we came up with a plan. The plan was that Shiari was to distract his front and Maki would distract his back and I was to sneak up on him and grab a flag, and I almost had it too! But then he made the Shadows go into a huge circle and I couldn't move my body but it didn't matter because I still got a flag!" Kyto finished sucking in a big breath.