Chapter one: "Surprise!"

It was another sunny morning in the sleepy town of Gravity Falls, and the pines twins Mabel and Dipper pines were staying at their great uncle Stan (or Grunkel Stan for short.) For the whole Summer. Where their Grunkel Stan had made his home into a tourist trap know as "The Mystery Shack." Mabel was getting ready for her day when she saw her brother's bed, and thought she should wake him up. "Good morning bro-bro!" Said Mabel as she jumped on her brother's bed. But when she was on his bed she saw he wasn't there. Confused, Mabel searched the room for her lost brother. "Hey Dipper, where are you at dude!" Yelled Mabel who was beginning to get a bit worried. A few seconds later she saw the bed room door open, and it was Dipper was walking into the room all dressed for the day.

"Hey bro-bro, you were up before me, what's the occasion?"

"Sorry Sis, but you need get up pretty early in the morning to get me up."

Dipper only smirked at his Sister's confusion, causing Mabel to get suspicion. "Well, it's just you're never up before me, so I think something else is going on in that mind of yours Dipper." Said Mabel trying to get her brother to spill the beans. Dipper started to sweat knowing that he had no choice but to tell her at this point.

"Okay, you got me, I'm up early because I've been thinking long and hard about this but, today is the day I'm going to tell Wendy how I feel!"

Dipper loved every thing about the beautiful redhead. Her laugh, her smile, her beautiful emerald green eyes, just about every thing about her, and the day he met her he fell head over heals in love with her. But there was a problem, she was a few years older then him so he thought a girl like her would never go for a boy like him. Mostly because he was a geek, and a nerd, and a quite short boy for his age. The 13 year old knew in his heart that just because she was older doesn't mean he couldn't hope if it.

"AHHHH!!! Dipper are you really going to do it?!" Mabel asked bearly holding her excitement. She always thought Wendy and her brother would make a cute couple, but every time Dipper tried to ask out the beautiful redhead he always chicken out leaving Wendy, and Mabel with confused looks on their faces.

"Yep, I'm going to do it, I have everything figure out. I'm going to take her some where really nice, and tell her how a feel."

"Oooo, where you taking her huh?"

"Sorry Sis, but we both know that you can't keep your mouth shut about this stuff."

Defeated Mabel gave a small nod as her brother made his way to the bedroom door. He walked down the hallway, and down the old wooden steps of the shack. Making his way to the gift shop part of the shack where his main squeeze Wendy Corduroy worked. But to his surprise the girl wasn't there yet. The boy gave a confused look as his sister made her way twords him.

"Um bro, Wendy's shift doesn't start for another 30 minutes."

"Okay, so we have 30 minutes to kill, what do you want to do now?"

"Tag, you're it!"

"Tag you're it!

"Tag you're it!"

The two twins played Tag for what seemed like only a few minutes, and before they knew it Wendy walked in for her shift. Wendy looked a little confused by the twins tagging each other with out running away from each other. But the redhead didn't care as long as the kids were having fun.

"Hey guys, what's happening with you two?"

Dipper and Mabel stopped playing, and looked at the cashier. Wendy gave a small smile twords the twins making Dipper blush slightly.

"Oh uhh, hey Wendy."

"Hi Dipper, how's it hanging?"

"Oh uhhhh, nothing much, you?"