Summer

Oh yay I have to move again I sarcastically thought to myself as I loaded the only box I have onto the social worker's car.

This is the fifth time this year that I've been moved to another foster home.

"Ready to go, Emma?" the social worker asked. I simply nodded my head and got into the backseat of her car.

"So where am I going now?"

"Storybrooke, Maine. You'll be staying with a very good friend of mine named Mary Margaret Blanchard."

I put my headphones on and slept the whole drive from Boston to Storybrooke.

________________________________

a few hours later...

"Emma, wake up. We're here."

When I opened my eyes, we were parked outside an apartment building. I got out the car holding my box. I looked around and noticed that Storybrooke was a somewhat small town. No wonder that I've never heard of it before the social worker mentioned it.

"You're finally here." I heard a woman say from behind me.

When I turned around, I saw a pixie cut brunette wearing a peter pan collared blouse and a skirt. She seemed like a really sweet person.

"You must be Emma" Mary Margaret said as she walked up to me with open arms. Oh god she's gonna hug me. I quickly put down my box and accepted the hug.

"Nice to meet you m'am"

"You can call me Mary Margaret or MM."

The three of us walked up to MM's apartment. By the looks of things, she lives alone.

"So this the living room, the kitchen is to your left, bathroom is over there next to where I sleep and you'll be staying up there" MM said while pointing to every location.

I left the two women talking and went upstairs to where my new and possibly temporary room is. I've never really had my own room. I always had to share with one of the foster kids at the other homes. This felt nice. I have my own queen size bed, night stands, and desk. I organized the few things I have to make the place feel more like home.

Once I finish, I head downstairs and sit on the couch while the two women finish their conversation.

Mary Margaret quickly noticed me. "Oh my, you must be starving from the long drive here. What would you like?'

"Anything would be fine" I replied.

"How does mac and cheese sound?"

"Delicious"

As MM made her way to the kitchen, the social worker whose name I've forgotten, stood and said "I should be going. I have other kids to pick up. Nice seeing you again Mary Margaret"

"Aw, I wish you could stay longer, Tink." So that's her name.

They said their goodbyes while I sat on the couch on my phone, that I bought myself after saving up money I would make from working.

"Emma, do you mind grabbing some plates from over there for the both of us?'

"I don't mind" I made my way to the kitchen and set the plates on the table.

We got to know each other during dinner. I helped dry the dishes while she washed them. Afterwards, I went and took a shower. MM and I talked some more between commercials while watching The Walking Dead. I can't believe we have so many things in common. When we noticed it was midnight, we both went to sleep.

________________________________

"Emma! Breakfast is on the table." I heard MM downstairs say.

I quickly rushed downstairs. I always wake up starving.

"Wow, you didn't have to make of this." I said while looking at the table which had a variety of breakfast food on it.

"I know, but I wanted to." she replied.

"wait is that cinnamon on the hot cocoa?"

"Yeah, if you don't like it like th-"

I quickly interrupted her "No, no. I like it. I just thought that I was the only one that liked it like with cinnamon."

"Oh ok. Well, after breakfast we're going to the grocery store. I need to pick up somethings for dinner and like that you can see more of this small town."

Once we finished our breakfast and got dressed, we went to the store. The drive took no longer than 5 minutes. wow this town is small I said to myself. At the store, we went our separate ways. MM looked for the stuff she needed while I just walked around. The store wasn't all that big compared to the ones in Boston. By the looks of it, this is probably the only one in Storybrooke.

As I walked around, I accidentally bumped into someone causing the things in their arms to fall.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." i said as we both squated down to pick up the items.

When I looked to see who I bumped into, I saw a beautiful brunnette.

"It's alright, dear. Accidents happened." she said. wow she even sounds beautiful

"Here, let me help you with these." i said grabbing someone of the items she had.

"You don't have to."

"It's the least I could do after knocking them out of your arms. Please I insist."

"Thank you,..."

"Emma."

"Thank you, Emma. I'm Regina. I'm not sure that I've seen you before." she said as we walked towards the check out.

"I just moved here yesterday." I replied while placing the things onto the counter so the cashier can scan them.
....

"Well see you around Emma."

"See you around" i said putting the last bag in her car.

Minutes later MM came out and we headed to her apartment.

___________________________

The next sunday, i went to the grocery store again to buy some snacks. As i navigated the store, I noticed the beautiful brunette from last sunday. I didn't noticed that i had been staring for too long till she was walking up to me.

"Emma, right?" she said.

"Hi" I managed to say trying so hard not to look at her exposed cleavage.

"Pleasure see you again here."

"Yeah, what brings you?" I noticed how stupid that sound after the words came out of my mouth.

"I come here every Sunday."

And from that day on, I went to the grocery store every Sunday. Somedays I would greet her, and others I would just admire her from afar, trying my best not to get noticed.