Time For Fun

Copyright 2019 by Shonethelite

(Title and Cover may be subject to change) All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means, or stored in a database retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the author.

"So you had sex with him again this week? That's what the fifty thousandth time?" Scarlett Romano, one of my very best friends shook her head in disbelief. Her rosy red hair in a ponytail was flopping about. It was seconds away from falling out and I want that to happen so bad. At least then the attention will be on something else besides my life. She noticed this quickly and fixed it back up. Damn. I rolled my eyes at her. How the hell did she know this wasn't the first time?

"This week has only been twice! How do you even know anyway? This is the first time I've told you!" I exclaimed taking a huge gulp of my orange juice. Lena Siegel, my other best friend sat between me and Scarlett. She was writing vigorously in her notepad. I peered into the notepad and she looked up at me with a wild look in her eyes. "I'm definitely going to ace this project." She exclaimed happily. "Just listening to you two helps a lot."

Scarlett snorted loudly still fixing her hair. "Violet, you two aren't exactly subtle with your glances and stares. Trust and believe I know what those looks mean. And besides, Elliot told us we are his best friends too ya know. I'm just hurt that we had to find out from him and not you." She sniffed dramatically and then looked at Lena narrowing her eyes. "Wait a minute if you are going to use me in your project I expect some type of payment. My actions and my words are gold." She smirked. Lena rolled her eyes but smiled. "No, you two are just helping me with my project but not helping me." She explained. The words written on her paper were gibberish to me, I was way confused. "What's the project about?" I asked more than happy to change the subject. I needed to remember to kill Elliot with my bare hands later.

It was funny if anyone looked at my choice of friends. These girls are are two different people from two completely different backgrounds. Lena was from Russia and her family was extremely wealthy. Her parents were both travelers so they were always leaving Lena alone. And when she was three her parents left her with some do yourself science kit and since then she's been doing her only little experiments by herself. Lately though, she's been getting into the habit of the psychology aspect of her science research. She is always getting A's on all her psychology, chemistry, and biology classes. Her biggest goal is to cure AID's all around the world.

"It's the one disease that destroys so many lives. I want to put an end to that." She always says. I thought she was doing a great thing so I liked to help her whenever I could. It's not everyday a girl her age wants to do something so incredibly great for the world.

Scarlett's parents were middle class and had common jobs. Her father was an English teacher and her mother was a social worker. And Scarlett herself was the life of the party. She always knew the right ones to go to and she knew exactly the right way to throw one. She was and is the very definition of fun.

We were all close to Elliot since forever but when us girls are alone. Some secrets come out. Like sleeping with one of the friends in our group for example.

"It's titled In the Mind of Others and I'm supposed to watch and record people's conversations and emotions." She answered eagerly. "I'm going to combine all my information and create one big presentation."

My chest immediately hurt and I grimaced. "Can you just erase the bit about Elliot? It's kind of private, I'm not even sure why I told you two. Oh wait I didn't have to since that stupid boy did already." I grumbled.