009.0

Last week I was just a regular doctor, handling business and hustling. A little girl from Inglewood, California who got picked on alot because she had brains. I never did fit in, and because of that, I was forced to look at life in different perspectives. I watched my grandmother die in a hospital bed; and I theorized that moment my whole entire life. I told my mama and daddy that I wanted to be a doctor, they laughed in my face. "Child, ain't nobody from the Wood gon' make it that big." My mother's words had cut me like knives. But not anymore. Today: I became known to the world as the first doctor to cure AIDS, and here's the hook, I'm African American and female. To any average sexist, racist American, it was merely unbelievable.

I had been doing endless amounts of interviews, specials, taking pictures. This was not only from Eric's publicists, but outside sources as well. I had been given several monikers such as 'The woman who saved Eazy-E's life' or 'The first doctor to cure AIDS'. It was all so amazing, and I've never received so much recognition for my work before.

Throughout the endless amount of interviews, I lost count of how many times I had to tell my story.

Khadijah and the team didn't recieve as much spotlight as I would've liked them to. Out of everything that I've done, they've only taken one picture with me. And that was for the local newspaper. I asked the people several times if they could join me or even just Khadijah, but they informed me that they weren't the focus as of right now, so I left it alone. I decided to take Khadijah, Keith, and Chancelor out to dinner tonight. Caine could tag along if he wished.

As of right now, I was in my last photoshoot today. The photoshoot to end all photoshoots: NWA reunited. The 5 of them back together again like how it was in '88. The whole idea was greatly executed and the fans would surely love it. "Get in here," one of the photographers called out to me. It was my cue to join the guys. I stepped out in front of the pesrlescent white backdrop and stood next to Eric, as we split between the remaining 4. A countdown from 10 begun and a flash illuminated the room.

We took several different pictures in various amounts of poses and my cheeks were tired from smiling. Being issued a ten minute break, I most definitely took advantage of it. See, this was for The Source magazine, so this photoshoot was major. We had no time to waste.

I felt as if I entered a whole new world, I had my own dressing room, they gave me dresses and did my hair and makeup. I thought I was a princess.

During our break, I just simply sat in front of my mirror in my dressing room. Fixing my eyeliner and touching up other parts of my makeup. My actions came to an abrupt halt when a knock on my door was heard. "Come in," I called out. Dre appeared, issuing a, "Hey Kuneka."

"Hey, Dre." I said, giving a brief smile. It felt weird calling him Dre. We've built a good friendship ever since we first met at the hospital, yet I still saw him as Dr. Dre. Not Andre Young.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked then sat down on the sofa behind me, causing me to turn around on the beige ottoman and face him. I simply nodded, taking a gulp. What could he possibly wish to talk about? And why did it have to be secluded? "It's about E, somethin' ain't right."

I furrowed my eyebrows due to confusion, "What is it?" He now had my full attention.

"You know of Suge? Suge Knight, my manager." He asked me, earning a slow nod from me. The stories I heard about Suge Knight weren't good ones at all. Without going into detail, he's had a crime filled life. "Snoop spoke some ill shit to me, he thinks, he thinks Eric," Dre fumbled with his words and he shook his head slowly, closing his eyes in frustration.

"He thinks Eric what?" I softly questioned, unsure of what was to come next.

"Snoop thinks Eric was deliberately infected with HIV." Dre finally admitted, letting out a large puff of air.

"Dre what do you mean? Like someone purposely got him sick? How is that possible?" I rambled in a questionable state. What in the hell was Dre talking about? And where did he come from with it?

"We think Suge did it."

"But how?!"

"The nigga has his ways. Anybody and everybody know he's crazy. And him and Eazy had beef, because E wouldn't release me from Ruthless. Suge not the type to take no for an answer. I whole heartedly believe he either injected him, or he sent one of his hoes to fuck E, like at a show or somethin'. " As Dre rambled on, he somewhat made sense. Eric was only infected with HIV for a mere 4 weeks, then he had AIDS. There's no way his illness transitioned that fast, it takes almost several months to years for that to happen. How did I not notice this before?

I pursed my lips, "Eric didn't have HIV for long before he got full blown AIDS. And that's impossible to contract that on your own and be THAT sick. It's a possibility he was injected. Even though Eric was one to fuck a lot, it could never just pile up on him like this all of a sudden." Dre nodded, putting two and two together.

I would've never assumed something so crazy in my life, but strangely so, it made sense! But I was unsure of where to go from here. "So what do we do?" I asked Dre.

"Can't you do somethin' with his blood samples? I don't know nothing' about this hospital shit." Dre stood up from the couch, fixing his Raiders hat and ironing out his jeans with his hands.

"I can look at his medical records and old test results, we can only pray it'll give us some clues." I said. We then heard the photographer shout out, "1 minute!" So Dre and I slowly made our way to the door.

"Just do what you can, damn I can't thank you enough." He pat me on the shoulder a few times prior to us leaving the dressing room.

We heard loud talking and other noises, we turned the corner only to find Eric free styling over Yella tapping his foot and beating the wall rythymically. Earning laughs from Cube and Ren, even the camera crew laughed at his lyrics.

Then, my heart kind of broke at the thought of the conversation Dre and I had. Eric was packed with charisma and humor. Why would someone even try to harm him?

-
I updated only two days ago but I said fuck it why not lol. Loved the feedback on the previous chapter, hopefully its the same for this one !!