Chapter Five

I woke in the morning, happy for the warm air of summer and light hitting my face. I stood up, stretched, and went on with my morning routine.
I brushed my long blonde hair and pulled on some clothes, a white tank top and some jean shorts, Black boots to finish my look. After some breakfast, I decided to go outside. In my backyard, I had this hella sad swing set. It creaked like a cat in labor, but I love it so. I planted my butt on the swing, kicking my legs. My body swung back and forth in a rhythmic pattern. Just as I was pulled into lala land, a familiar voice called,
"Psssstt!"
I paused, sweeping my gaze around me, trying to figure out where the noise had came from.
"PSSSSSTT!"
And then I saw it. A fleck of icy blue and brown fur hidden in a bush behind my fence. Nearly scared me half to death.
"FREDDY!! The hell are you doing here?!" I yelped as I hopped off my swing. His eyes urged me to come closer. I walked over to his hiding spot, ready for some news.
"Okay. Glad you came over. There's still one gal I'd like you to meet. But, you'll have to come to the pizzeria to do so."
"Freddy...we've talked about this. I.can't.leave.the.house." I mean, I could, but not to some sketchy-ass pizza place with a twenty year old man. I trust him, but they won't. "They" being my parents.
"Just..uh... trust me on this one, okay?" He said with big, pleading eyes that made me melt.
"Fine. But if I get killed, arrested, raped, or grounded till my eighteenth birthday for sneaking out of the house, I will murder you."
"But what if you get killed? You can't murder me if you're dead." He chucked cheekily. I shoved him through the chain link fence playfully, than hopped the fence, landing nearly, and rather ungracefully, on top of him. He helped me up, brushing the dirt off his jeans. It was summertime, yet he was dressed in a long sleeve shirt and pants.
"Follow me." He murmured. I grabbed his hand and smiled up at him. God, I was really tiny compared to him. He smiled back, and started off. I had a smile on my face, and we made small talk as we walked. But inside, I was bursting with a shimmering nervousness. This was gonna be one hellavu day. Let's just hope I survive to tell the tale.